Dangerous Irish Terrier in Goose Green / High Street

I was walking my dog in Goose Green on Tuesday 2nd and we both were attached by an Irish Terrier owned by an Irish lady. I've now found out that 4 other people were attached by the same dog. One dog, a poodle, was attached twice and left with wholes the caller.

All the people I know in Goose Green are very responsible with their dogs but this lady will not take notice or care about what anyone says so please be aware if you are walking a small dog or if see or have kids walking dogs, it will attach not only the dog but you as soon as you try to take it way.

This has been reposted by email to the Council and I still waiting to heard from them.

Think I had the pleasure of this lady and her dog last week in Peckham Rye, what seemed like a nice greeting with my mini schnauzer her dog suddenly launched into a full on attack with me having to separate her dog off mine, no injuries to my dog just a little bit shocked. She apologised and funnily told me it was very out of character and her dog had never done anything like that before ! So beware if this is the same lady she walks in PR as well and her dog is off lead.

• 2 weeks later...
I have now reported the incident to Pauline Campbell from Southwark Council and the police, I'm waiting on the the police report and advice. I've been speaking to other dog owners who also have been attached by the same dog and they all say that the Irish lady says the same - it never happened before! I've told the police that the dog "Rosheen" is registered with The Neighbourhood Vet at 66 Lordship Ln, and I hope they will get in touch with this owner to make sure she keeps the dog on the lead or muzzle.

I have met this lady and dog on numerous occasions in the past whilst out walking my dogs and I can honestly say she has always been very pleasant and mindful of her dog. For the record, I have never had, nor observed any issues whatsoever with Roisin - she is quite lively however still fairly young from what I saw and so I would be very surprised if she actively showed aggression towards an individual. I haven?t seen her around for a while however I will keep an eye out for her and make her aware of the above in the hope she will contact you to discuss and hopefully take the necessary action to ensure it doesn?t ever happen again.

Any dog has the capacity to become aggressive under certain conditions and the most common reason for any dog to suddenly turn on another dog is fear- the root cause being that the 'attacker' may have themselves have had a bad experience with another dog.

Thank you for your kind message. I do know people in the park who knows the dog and had a great experience when it was a puppy but it seems it all changed in the last year or two. I've decided to make this public because I didn't get any help from the owner when the dog was attaching my dog and I. Believe me it is a terrifying experience specially when you just had your dog neutered and it is the second day out, also I had to stand in one leg holding the dog up and kicking the dog in the mouth with other foot - I was using a leg I had an operation a couple of years ago which took me 6 months doing physiotherapy to walk again!

As a result I had a terrible back pain the next day because of the contortion and my dog now is a nervous dog towards big dogs!

We grew up with mongrels. Dad had a pedigree red setter before I was born and handed it back to his brother who bred it after a short time as he found it too highly strung. Not sure how much this is s general rule but I am sticking to it.