Great news for Goodrich

James please get your facts right before you post on a public forum.

The current head started in early October, albeit part time initially and a second interim head was appointed to job share for the initial period. Both of them have worked in various schools accross London, employed specifically to go into those schools and raise standards. Therefore I would think they are pretty well qualified to comment on the standards of the school when they first arrive.

How many times have you visited Goodrich and spoken to staff, parents and pupils since October? And how often had you done this prior to the new head starting? If you have visited both before and after then you will surely have been able to see for yourself what a different place Goodrich is now?

If not then let me tell you that there have been incredible changes, all of which have happened since the new head started. Even just the physical appearance of the school is wholly different with new carpets, floors, play and learning equipment, astroturf playground area, benches, plants, work displays etc.

Both of my children have benefited from new learning initiatives which were not in place before and a more focused approach to learning and development. Communication is also vastly improved.

I think we'd all have a lot more respect for southwark council if they just held their hands up and admitted that they failed the school community by not taking any positive aaction to improve the previous regime. Instead you seem to be engaging in petty semantics and distortion of the facts to try and support your lack of action.

I'm afraid your points about the errors in the report that the school didn't spot come accross as a petty attempt to cast the current management in a negative light, without seeming to have any other purpose. You can cast around all you like for reasons not to attribute the great improvements to the new head, but those of us who are part of the school community can all assure you that they are.

As somebody has already said, this is the education and future of our children. I wonder what your feelings would be if it were your children at the school.

James - you express doubt that the new head (and his team) were able to accurately comment on the state of the school after a few months yet you are quite happy to accept the results of a 2 day inspection - funny. Not to mention that you are happy to discount the assessment of those of us with children at the school. It is even clearer to me

now why I simply have no faith in those currently responsible for governing the school and clearly local councillors cannot be relied upon as honest brokers either....

traveller1 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

now why I simply have no faith in those currently

> responsible for governing the school and clearly

> local councillors cannot be relied upon as honest

> brokers either....

You need to be careful T1 with your reference to "governing" the achool. Whilst Southwark and local politicians may have failed the school, the school Governors have done an excellent job and we would not be where we are now without them.

mayo Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> James please get your facts right before you post

> on a public forum.

>

I am in intimately involved with Goodrich school so I do have to remain anonymous here.

I fully agree with the posters here that the new head has replaced an out-of-her depth incompetent predecessor. Be under no illusion, the new leader in the school, has done exactly that: lead. That is why our school has fundamentally changed. Lots of hard work from a whole range of other people, but good leadership has made the difference

As for James Barber: what a joker, he?ll support anything that helps him further his political career. Don?t be fooled by this man. I remember a while back him trying to force through paid parking on Lordship Lane despite something like 80% of people voting against it in a survey. Trying to make out he wanted the best for the area, whilst really pursuing a political objective.

http://www.eastdulwichforum.co.uk/forum/read.php?5,772215,page=47

But, all in all, a fantastic result but not yet finished. Keep watching

This isn't the time or place for Barber bashing, as much as some may enjoy it. Please take it to his own thread. I think he must mis-spoke. It happens, and he's apologised. Move on.

I'm tremendously pleased the school has done so well. I have a close relative working there and they told me how hard the head has been working to ensure they didn't go into special measures, and how seriously he takes his job. It's good to know there are still people of his calibre out there. I hope Goodrich will continue like this for as long as possible.