Syria

Marmora Man

How come the tests the UN are going to use will take several weeks to determine? These analyses of samples should take hours only. I know that the UN may not have any idea of what was used but they have the symptoms provided by video evidence to work on and then it is a process of elimination.

I can't believe this thread is devolving into arguments for and against each side in Syria. Whether the regime is evil or the rebels are terrorists is superferlous to the human suffering of the innocent. We cannot back either horse in this race which is why intervention must be properly considered from a coperative UN joint partnership.

It is not superfluous to the human suffering of the innocent. This suffering has to stop, the west, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and Turkey has to stop funding foreign militias and weapons into Syria. They are facilitating war crimes.

Your tax payers money has been sent to buy weapons for the rebels. When these weapons are being used against innocent people how is that superfluous to the problem in Syria?

And here is El Pibe revealing his ridiculous double standards. British State owned media can be trusted but the state owned media of other nations must be lies.

I never mentioned the beeb, but at least it is editorially independent, unlike most state media, from RTE, through TVE, through to your beloved Russians.

Putin certainly has an axe to grind, do you honestly think the Irish do?

And what of independent respected print media with integrity like El Pa?s, Le Monde, Die Spiegel, Haaretz, who report and great personal risk, not to mention the freelance photographers, are they all in on the conspiracy?

El Pibe Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I never mentioned the beeb, but at least it is

> editorially independent, unlike most state media,

> from RTE, through TVE, through to your beloved

> Russians.

> Putin certainly has an axe to grind, do you

> honestly think the Irish do?

> And what of independent respected print media with

> integrity like El Pa?s, Le Monde, Die Spiegel,

> Haaretz, who report and great personal risk, not

> to mention the freelance photographers, are they

> all in on the conspiracy?

Do you actually read the articles from these news sources? There is very little reporting from inside Syria. The articles about Syria are concerned with the statements by western leaders. Kerry says this, Israel says that, Hollande says this. The vast majority of these articles are reporting of accusations against the Syrian government by western leaders. They do not discuss the actual evidence for any supposed atrocities by Assad.

http://www.haaretz.com/news/diplomacy-defense/.premium-1.544691

http://internacional.elpais.com/internacional/2013/09/01/actualidad/1378044441_476017.html

http://www.lemonde.fr/proche-orient/article/2013/09/01/nouvelles-preuves-de-l-utilisation-des-armes-chimiques-en-syrie_3469485_3218.html

Interestingly this is what Haaretz has reported when it actually did some journalism on the ground and asked actual Syrians about the situation:

http://www.haaretz.com/news/features/.premium-1.54461

Home News Features

The slinging nun || Syrian sister points accusing finger at Israel, U.S.

Why a Carmelite nun believes the chemical attack in Damascus was faked.

It reports entirely what I have been saying so thank you for providing additional sources for my argument.

• 4 weeks later...
There is a stand-off between Syrian refugees and French police in Calais today. The Syrians are trying to get to the UK because they say the French are treating them like animals and they want to start a new life in the UK (doesn't everyone?). They are threatening to jump into the drink and some of them are on hunger strike.