Curry Club - Thursday 7 March 2019 - venue TBC

Michael Palaeologus

Some interestig stats. Over the last 2 years we have visited the following restaurants:

Mirash - 5 times

Swadesh - 4 times

Surma - 3 times

Jaflong - 3 times

Tandoori Nights - 3 times

Veer Zara - 2 times

Curry Cabin - 1 time

Ganapati - 1 time

Omrith - 1 time

Indian Mischief - 1 time but only 2 people turned up so we didnt bother

Dulwich Tandoori - 0 times. No idea why.

NB - NO RESTAURANTS SHOULD CLAIM THAT THEY ARE THE "CURRY CLUBS FAVOURITE" ON THE BASIS OF THESE STATS. THE CHOICE OF RESTAURANT. MONTH BY MONTH, IS ENTIRELY UNSCIENTIFIC.

What we have learned:

There is no "Best", everybody has their favourite

People say they want to go to restaurants that are further afield, but generally dont turn out if it isnt on Lordship Lane

Curry Club regulars are generally carniverous. With a few honourable exceptions.

Looks like we need to give Dulwich Tandoori and Curry Cabin more of a go

Veer Zara is our least favourite - too much salt and curry powder

Mirash is my favourite, which is why we have been there 5 times. I also like Tandoori Nights

Marvellous!

I have recived notification of an anniversary celebration, so in the spirit of public service:

"OMRITH" is pleased to announce its 7th Anniversary offer to all its customers. On Monday the 18th February 2013

All customers will get a 50% discount on all dishes on the menu. Drinks not included but home made desserts will be free.

Contact Taz/Dulal to book a table. Booking will be made on first come basis.

Contact Number: 020 8299 3962/020 86936787

1st sitting : 5.00 PM..........8.00 PM

2nd sitting : 8.30 PM..........10.30PM"

Lovely evening...a big welcome to the newbies Charlie and Paul, who joined in straight away with all the silly comments and jokes...here's to hoping Charlie trusts us enough next month to leave her car at home. I enjoyed the company of all the veterans as usual...you know who you are. Big hugs. x

A great evening. The 2 Newbies were sat chatting away to each other, before the rest of us got there, four of us having been detained in the pub, ahem. Eight people sat down to eat.

I thought that the food was really very good, big portions and great value.

No Mick Mac, No Gingerbeer. We were collectively bereft, briefly.

Next Curry Club meeting on Thursday 7th of March. Lets try the Dulwich Tandoori http://www.dulwichtandoori.co.uk/

Meet for drinks at the Draft House at 7.15pm and then Dulwich Tandoori at 8.00pm.

• 3 weeks later...