Curry Club - Thursday 7 March 2019 - venue TBC

Michael Palaeologus

Michael, I must be a nutter to even follow this thread as I never go. However given that I am, and the upset you must have felt last month when almost everyone bailed, read back and several people said they were coming to this one.

You are not on your own.

So Brum, Sheila and the very naughty Mum, where are you?

Thanks Alan.

Clearly people shouldnt feel obliged to come. So, perhaps there is a need to give CC a bit of a rest and a re-boot?

Perhaps move the time to the first week of the month (post payday for most) and on a set day of the week. Then people will at least know that curry club will be on say, the first Wednesday of every month.

• 2 weeks later...

An elite group of the Curry Clubs finest invaded Berlin last weekend.

A jolly time has by all, much mooching about, flea markets perused, East Berlin explored (mostly like Croydon).

On Friday night we dined at the Meena Kumari restaurant. Over the years I have tried a number of Berlin curry establishments and have always been disappointed. In These other restaurants food is adapted to German taste which tends to favour cream over spices.

Meena Kumari was a revelation. Good spicy food with sauces made in the kitchen. A full range of German beer is available plus bottled Kingfisher (the beer, not the bird).

The food is served German style. Mains course is served with rice, no vegetable side dishes, but veggie main courses are available. A fair range of starters and spicy popadoms tempt the taste buds.

It is situated in Prenzlauer Berg.

www.meenakumari.de

• 2 weeks later...