Curry Club - Thursday 7 March 2019 - venue TBC

Michael Palaeologus

Steady on, steady on. I am merely a jobbing curry lover. Indeed any spicy food will do, I have today returned from Olu Deniz and would recommend the Sultan Ahmet restaurant for those that enjoy good Turkish food.

I stand by my review of Veer Zara - but did at the time point out that they were newly open. The joy of the Curry Club is that we give second and third chances. Thus even after my first experience we took a group of 14 along and had a good evening, things had improved in a short time. Good for them.

The Veer Zara menu is somewhat generic, in that it is contemporary generic. If you go to those restaurants that have refurbed and re-opened in the past few years you will find that their menus have gone in a similar direction. What I think is particularly welcome is that they now reflect their Anglo-Bangladeshi heritage rather than the pretence that they are "Indian".

There is an instinct amongst the new owners of restaurants to adopt a forumla that is perceived to be successfull and drop that which is thought to be old hat.

However, old-hat can be good. It has the comfort of the familiar and the very well practiced and so is well done.

• 2 weeks later...

Michael Palaeologus Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> OK - I know we are all on a collective diet and/or

> are having a dry January... but lets go for a

> curry. You can have a tikka if you are on a diet

> and drink diet coke if you are off the booze.

>

> How about next week? Tues, Wed or Thurs. What is a

> good day for people?

Sounds like fun...are you providing free toilet rolls and listermint to get rid off the garlic and spicy breath too?If so i'll come

• 2 weeks later...