Curry Club - Thursday 7 March 2019 - venue TBC

Michael Palaeologus

• 3 weeks later...

We went to Swadesh only a few months ago and havent been to the Mirash for a while, and its my favourite.

Fridays arent good as people usually have other plans i.e drinking.

So - how about the 8th of June (Tuesday)? We can go to Swadesh for the July CC meet.

ED Lurker and I shall be trying Bermudian curry at the "Nights of India" tonight. Tandoori Wahoo anybody?

My friends from Berlin and Sheffield and I had Lamb Madra, Makhni Chicken and Ceylon Chicken - which were very nice.

My friend from Sheffield (who is of Indian origin) then had a very interesting discussion with Ray (Mirash Owner) about the similarities and differences between the various languages of the Indian sub-continent.

A very enjoyable evening.

Chief Bhuna - yes the indian languages are all quite similar. So if someone says they can speak 4-6 languagues...sometimes it because (I always get it the wrong way round) if you can speak Malayalam you can pick up Kanada; if you can speak Tamil you can pick up Telugu.

Apparently Hindi is easier to learn than all of these. Don't know about the other types of languages and I know there are loads of others.

• 4 weeks later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Latest Discussions

• Does anyone know how I can dispose of a 2 seater sofa...for free?  Reasonable condition.  I'm hoping someone can collect.   
    • Sandyman that is encouraging - I asked my GP last Thursday - the Swiftqueue Synnovis platform is still out of order. All appointments at King's or St Thomas's have  been cancelled - they told me that a procedure is in place for very urgent cases so we'd better speak with  GP asap for printed old fashioned referral 
    • I have just sent the message I forward below here to the admin! I thought they had (correctly) deleted my post but now I see it is still here.  I got it wrong, apologies! blame low blood pressure or excess of democratic participation enthusiasm! We cannot vote.   -------- A couple of weeks ago or earlier I sent a message (from my account "Speak with maria") saying EU nationals could register to vote at the GE. I cannot see it anymore so I guess you have  deleted  it  otherwise please do so. I am sorry I got it wrong. Blame optimism bias! EU nationals are not allowed to vote for the UK Parliament. The registration process in place  ensures that those who have settled status can continue to vote at the local elections but the eligibility criteria have not changed. I am sorry for the  unintended  misinformation  - the wording on the Gov website and the EU magazine I quoted were very convincing though! 😂 Regards  Mariella   
    • have not received a poll card or any post for the last 2 weeks!! I am on Crystal palace road. what is going on???
Home
Events
Sign In

Sign In

Or sign in with one of these services

Search
    Search In