Curry Club - Thursday 7 March 2019 - venue TBC

Michael Palaeologus

Omrith is bloody good.

The Mirash did the business and confirmed its status as a fine knocker out of a standard curry offer without being avant-garde.

We have now done all of the curry houses in the immediate vicinity of ED.

A decision was made (by me) to keep the Curry Club as the Curry Club, with a specific curry focus. However, we felt that we could on occasion patronise neighbouring areas, such as Nunhead, which is very pleasant, for a cemetary, and other providers of spicy offerings, such as Thai restaurants and stuff.

Next CC meet is mid October, date TBC as is the venue. How about Tandoori Nights? The CC's first ever meeting was there about 12 months ago.

The general trend re numbers is that the further afield the restaurant the fewer the attendees. Thus we have had up to 12 for Lordship Lane restaurants and as few as four for Ganapati in Bellenden.

Larger bookings for the smaller restaurants are OK, as long as people show up. No-shows have less of an impact for the larger restaurants, if you see what I mean.

I started this thread in January but we had done one or two meals at the end of 2007.

The Curry Club is officially, an institution.

Shall we revisit Tandoori Nights next month?

• 2 weeks later...

How about 22 October @ Surma for the next one? (Post originally suggested Tandoori Nights, but Sean McG pointed out that we hadnt been to Surma. So, Tandoori Nights in November?)

For info, I think we have done:

29/11 - Tandoori Nights

19/12 - Mirash

8/1- Curry Cabin

13/2 - Pistachio Club

5/3 - Ganapati

29/4 - Omrith

16/6 - Jaflong

17/7 - Dulwich Tandoori

20/8 - Coriander

17/9 - Mirash

Looking back we seem to have missed out May, I suspect because the April meal was late in the month. We also went to the Mirash twice, but the first visit was a last minute, off Forum arrangement and has been included in the list to fill a gap.

Any other recommendations? There are plenty of places that are in surrounding areas, but getting people along can be difficult. We only had 4 people to Ganapati and thats in Bellenden! The ED ones attract 10 or more people. So if we do venture out to the wilds of Forest Hill or Camberwell etc, we need to make sure that getting there and back is easy.

TillieTrotter Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I also tried the delightful Omrith on

> Saturday....don't remember seeing you there

> Jah;-)

>

> Food and service were top notch and will

> definately be returning.

What?????? A truly memorable night for you then. Right! That's it Trotter. We're going again. As soon as. Your turn I believe...;-) Nudge nudge wink wink indeed.

Dear Curry Club Members, I'm the new General Manager of The Duke at 57, Nunhead Lane & wanted to offer you the chance to eat a curry at The Duke? we could do you a decent curry option if pre booked, Chicken Jafraizi, Pilau Rice, Naan Bread & all the cobra you like for a score (?20) per head! Mondays would be best for me & how many people are in your club?

• 3 weeks later...