Curry Club - Thursday 7 March 2019 - venue TBC

Michael Palaeologus

regalia Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> You are a lawyer, I have yet to meet a good one,

> who was good value for money!

Oi! Regalia!

I'll have you know I AM a good lawyer, and the many people I've worked for for FREE including the ones who didn't GET HANGED as a result, might agree with me.

*Huff*

• 2 weeks later...

mattjedf Wrote:

> Hi all. Curry night open to anyone? Moved to east

> dulwich octoberish and not realy making the most

> of it at the moment so thought I'd check out forum

> see wots going on. Can't go wrong with curry and

> few beers.

New curry lovers are Always welcome Mattiedf, see you 21st.

Narnia Wrote:

> >

> Did THEY get the Chair LB?

They did not. They were initially commuted to life in prison, and later released, after it was clear that they had not murdered the people in question, or indeed anyone, and after an incredibly brave testimony from a key missing witness who was so frightened of the police threats that he left the country before the initial trial.........all prisoners had been treated dreadfully throughout, including in prison, one left prison with an untreated fractured skull, another had to spend months in treatment after all of his schizophrenia medicated was deliberately withheld in prison, one had to be treated for various minor bone breaks.......

One of them wrote me a poem afterwards about never giving up hope, he was virtually illiterate but still the sentiment and feeling of what he'd dealt with came through. I wish I could have kept it but it remains on his file in the law firm I worked for at the time......

Anyhoo. Curry sounds nice.

Am not a member of your curry club - but be warned - take your own drink - last time we went Omrith informed us they no longer have an alcohol licence, but you can take your own. Or they suggested drinking alcohol before or after the meal elsewhere!

They must have softened their stance then. Co-owner sold his half share to his business partner, who said no alcohol could be purchased on premises,. We had a conversation about imposing their views on their customers, and they said the restaurants in Brick Lane do not serve alcohol.