Curry Club - Thursday 7 March 2019 - venue TBC

Michael Palaeologus

Feedback- In my opinion the decor is good, better than before, especially the floor. The staff were friendly and smiley (was Happyman there?):) and the food was good and well co-ordinated despite us being a very large group. The company was priceless. Good to see the administrators during the evening aswell.

Recommended (tu)

Feedback - A nice bright eating area (wasnt sure about the holographic images in the walls, they seemed to just mess with my eyes!) Food was good. I had the Korola Chicken and really was not as spicy as indicated on the menu. For a two chilli rating, I would expect something that was 'Hot' and this certainly wasn't. Service was good considering we were a large group (14 of us) however, we did need to wave at them for about 5 minutes before someone realised we wanted to pay the bill!

Potential here to be a very good curry house. They are new and unsure if there are new chefs in the kitchen, but a promising start.

Recommended (tu)

(Nice idea Karter, good way to present feedback!)

Curry nights, great.

Things I have learnt:

- on the scale of Bad Things That Can Happen To You, a paper cut is worse than attempting to cross LL. (I'm not convinced).

- Dulwich Village is nearby and there aren't any curry places there.

- forum members wear red in a variety of ways.

- Veer Zara need to up the chilli content on their dishes with the chilli symbol. The lovely, smiley staff are (tu)

Things I have learnt:

1. Girls look good in red.

2. Baileys Gin and Kingfisher Beer are not a good mix.

3. Karter is an international man of mystery.

4. Hibbs can look glamorous even with a horrible cold.

5. Katie1997 has lived in a zillion different places but still can't find Dulwich Village.

6. Giggirl likes my new leopard ski shoes. Swoon.

7. Sean McG looks a teeny tiny bit like Tintin. I say that with affection though. I like Tintin.

Oh and the Curry was good.

A paper cut is the worst thing ever - it is a well known fact.

A rescued Chilean Miner was asked if the entombment was his worst experience ever? "Aye Chichuahua", said he, "It was bad, but I had a paper cut from a curry restaurant flier that was pushed through our door last year. That was bloody awful. Madre de Dios".

It was a great evening, 14 curry eating souls and Veer Zara did us proud. My Lamb Tikka was good, Hibbs' lamb dish was also very good :))

The red paint is still a little sudden to my eye, but each to their own.

Where and when next?