Curry Club - Thursday 7 March 2019 - venue TBC

Michael Palaeologus

AllyCat Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Sorry - but I don't think its particularly nice to

> disparage a venue when other people have already

> agreed to go there.

Sorry AllyCat, no offence intended. I've been to the Curry Cabin quite a few times and always enjoyed it and if I wasn't otherwise occupied I'd be going there on 13th too. Hope you have a lovely time.

Thanks Ally, I too dont understand why people are making gratuitous comments about the hygiene of a restaurant in which I have had many very good meals with no ill effects and they have never been in.

Sometimes it is good to engage brain and use discretion rather than typing the first thing that comes into the head. If people have no intention of coming to a Curry Club meeting, then why post negative comments here? Freedom of expression within a community is a right, but with rights come responsibilities to that community.

Anyway, Curry Club at the Curry Cabin at 8pm on Monday 13 September 2010. Meet at the East Dulwich Tavern at 7ish for those that want.

Curry Cabin

East Dulwich Tavern

hibbs Wrote:

> Is the sea dog coming?

Unfortunately my ship sets sail on the early tide and so I will be somewhere in the Bay of Biscay whilst you all will be seated at the table eagerly anticipating the poppadums.

(ok perhaps not exactly the Bay of Biscay....)

Ooh Curry Cabin. The first place I ever ate on Lordship Lane. I am tempted to come along. I had some lovely grilled fish dish last time and my mate had some creamy type curry which he chucked up all over my bathroom at 4am. I do not put this down to lack of hygiene at the Cabin but down to the 8 pints of cider he had at EDT beforehand.

CC is the oldest and first curry house to open in LL it use to be a chinese I personely don't use it that much but have all ways enjoyed/had a good meal there can't do this one but if you go back i'll be up for it have a good time.

Bob S

A very enjoyable evening and excellent food!

No food poisoning here either!

The 'rice incident' was rather amusing, however, could have been worse, and luckily wasn't a sizzling curry dish.

Would have expected more of apology in terms of maybe a free rice dish or something off the bill for the blunder, but nothing was seen.

Apart from that, again, an excellent night, great food and great company. Would eat there again.

karter Wrote:

> Hope LM and Brum enjoyed their food down at G&B.

> :))

Yes it was very very good thanks, karter. I had a massive meaty platter and LM hoovered up the entire stock of pecan pie. And butterscotch icecream.