Camberwell to get tube by 2010

i think that the SLP's got their messages mixed

my understanding is that phase 1 will be complete in 2010 (in theory), but this isn't the phase that will come to denmark (which is phase 2 (timing to be confirmed so be prepared for a long wait))

When the missus worked for TfL about 3 years ago it was this route originally planned to go operational first as most of the track is pre-exisiting, but every time I look at the TfL site they seem to change their minds, so I genuinely haven't the foggiest where it all stands these days, hence my earlier pessimism.

What they seemed to be saying was that these phase 2 plans may be brought forward in an attempt to address the shortfall caused by the end the Loop route.

The ELLE south eastern arm should be straight forward in a practical sense in that it uses existing track and land, mostly. However it is south of the river and so not a priority.

As I understand it, transport planning gives priority to transport systems that link exisiting transport nodes (stations) - the more existing nodes linked the better. So, if you live is SE London and have fewer nodes to start with - you are b*ggered when competing with node rich North London.

When is the next election by the way?

Again, it was considered funded back in 2004, but something changed...olympics perhaps? You're right according to the TfL site it's still unfunded. Basically there's been so much mis and disinformation over the years noone knows where it stands.

I can as Mrs Mockney to put her ear to the ground for the gen if you like.

Jeremy Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Axing the london bridge to victoria route will be

> a disaster. The proposed east london line may have

> double the frequency, but is a much less useful

> route.

Unless you live in Honour Oak and want to visit your girlfriend in Canada Water!

"The Maudsley?"

No Mr A D Close, I lived in a gentrified enclave off Camberwell New Road, and haven't ever been tempted to go back to live there, or even to make a nuisance of myself on the SE5 forum. In fact, I'd like to see a kind of Check-point Charlie at the top of Dog Kennel Hill - just to keep the ED house prices suitably inflated.

First time I heard this rumour was in 1985, days after moving to Camberwell........guess who you hear it from the most? Estate Agents....I am ready to be proved wrong but 22 years of this makes you think "WOLF, WOLF", rather a lot. Dream on Camberwellites

There is something at the end:

"A proposed ? but not so far approved ? spur from near Surrey Quays on to an existing route in south London would take East London trains to Clapham Junction, in south-west London, and complete a ring of such routes around the capital."

Not good news though