local freedom to express yourself

Who pays for the Goose Green festival?

If it's all of us through council tax then it should have more than to attract people than it did last time.

No reason why they can't have 2 hour slots for different types of music to last all day. Should keep everyone happy.

I am very sad to hear this news i wondered where you guys had gone i for one used to love your trips around the area it always put a smile on my face if the yummy mummy brigade don't like it they should take a hike they have ruined this area gone are the days when people used to have their speakers out on the streets on a sunday afternoon i miss those days it was brilliant. There are too many rules and regulations as long as it's not all day everyday and locks down at a reasonable time what harm is it doing really. I had a party for my son a number of years ago the music was not loud at all and yes the kids were quite excited playing party games some parents stayed at collection time and had a glass of wine or beer in the kitchen the last person left at about 9pm and i had one crazy neighbour complaining about the noise and how i was ruining the peace it was a childrens birthday party for gods sake i have never once complained about her karoke girly nights in once a week as i think everyone should live a little sometimes really people need to take a chill pill.

Muley Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> in case we upset the cup cake and aerobics

> brigade

>

> Personally, I'm suspicious of anyone using the

> condescending term 'brigade' as a means to

> belittle those with opposing views, clearly meant

> to dismiss those who disagree as a mindless,

> herd-like collective whose values are without

> reason or intelligence.

>

>

>

>

>

> What are you, a Daily Mail reader?

Sorry Sly and Reggie - you've fallen foul of the bed wetters, vegetarians and househusbands currently staging their cappuccino coup in ED.

Your brand of crazy/amusing meanderings sends the "let's have a waitrose!" brigade into a swoon.

Big up S&R!

Hold on there northlondoner, I just commented that using the term 'brigade' to dismiss anyone who holds different opinions is supercilious, and to my mind this devalues the point being made. If you don't respect the views of others, why should they respect yours?

The Daily Mail reader comment was just a joke.

That's what my post was actually about, but of course only a vegetarian, bed-wetting househusband would be bothered about showing a little respect to others, no?

Muley Wrote:

> >

> Hold on there northlondoner, I just commented that

> using the term 'brigade' to dismiss anyone who

> holds different opinions is supercilious, and to

> my mind this devalues the point being made. If you

> don't respect the views of others, why should they

> respect yours?

>

> The Daily Mail reader comment was just a joke.

>

> That's what my post was actually about, but of

> course only a vegetarian, bed-wetting househusband

> would be bothered about showing a little respect

> to others, no?

Actually, your post seems eminently measured and sensible. Not quite sure why I quoted it in mine. Early morning crankiness and tiredness, I suppose. Or perhaps I'm losing whats left of my mind. Apologies !

Be careful guys your middle class ED dub may just be illegal

Concerns about the festival and the way in which it was policed inspired the legislation which developed into the Criminal Justice and Public Order Act 1994.[5] This wide-ranging Act effectively made illegal such outdoor parties that played music, which was defined in section 63(1)(b) to include "sounds wholly or predominantly characterised by the emission of a succession of repetitive beats."

http://dulwichonview.org.uk/assets/uploads/2009/10/sly-reggie.jpeg

ibilly99 Wrote:

> Be careful guys your middle class ED dub may just

> be illegal

>

> Concerns about the festival and the way in which

> it was policed inspired the legislation which

> developed into the Criminal Justice and Public

> Order Act 1994.[5] This wide-ranging Act

> effectively made illegal such outdoor parties that

> played music, which was defined in section

> 63(1)(b) to include "sounds wholly or

> predominantly characterised by the emission of a

> succession of repetitive beats."

>

> http://dulwichonview.org.uk/assets/uploads/2009/10

> /sly-reggie.jpeg

They were trying to describe house music with this bill as an answer to the free party/ rave 'problem' in the early 90's. I guess reggae can also be "characterised by the emission of a succession of repetitive beats", so can most genres. Surely this was a relevant act when electronica was new and therefore easy to pick out from all other types of music but now it seems a bit ambigious; can you imagine being in court and having either side arguing the toss over the legal definition of 'repetitive beats'??

It was more about giving the police the powers to crack down on the raves Castlemorton being the Daily Mail watershed for middle England - something had to be done. I was quite an activist back then took part in a trespass at Michael Howard's house, invaded Chequers , and camped out at Twyford Down and on the roof at Claremont Road anti-M11. ED was a cheap bohemian enclave back then with bohemians,low-lifes and a gritty community and cheapish houses and the legendary ED Comedy Club.