Security warning

I thought it worth posting on here that I saw someone apparently casing houses to burgle the other night. One lone young man was going in and out of front paths, apparently checking under flower pots/bins for keys or something on the off chance. I have left keys out for my partner in the past but certainly won't again. this was around midnight, around CPR area but could happen anywhere. He seemed to be only going into houses with no lights on. Worth passing on I thought. I did call the police and they were very helpful and responded quickly, but I have no idea whether he was picked up or not.

They will do this in the day too, usually with someone on look out at the end of a road or any nearby junction.

Returned from a day shopping in Bromley with hubbie and two pre-school children, a few years ago, and as we parked up I noticed someone sat on a wall at the end of our road and another guy going in and out of front gardens. As usual and in typical London style we had to park a way up the road away from our house and by the time we go to our house the two blokes were together in our front garden trying to work out how they could attack the door locks. Our mistake was to have left the lounge blinds open so they could nose in and see no-one was in and they thought they would give it a go. We asked them rather impolitely what they thought they were doing and they muttered that they thought their friend lived there but that now they realised it was the wrong road. They beat a hasty retreat and fortunately there was no damage.

Did report it to the police.