Reasons for late / missing post?

benjaminty

This morning there was a man standing on corner of Whateley Road looking very puzzled. No uniform but a Postie's pram next to him. I looked at him as if to say "you lost mate?". He then asked me the way to Crystal Palace Road. After admitting that he was delivering post, I directed him accordingly.

Was he a Postie? Should he be delivering if he doesnt know where he is going?

I have previously got on Buses and been asked by the driver where he is supposed to go so this shouldn't come as any surprise I guess.

Speaking of Posties - We have had the same postman, Nick - since we moved here. He has been here more than 23 years. They want to move him against his will and have a part time postman for Wood Vale/Underhill Road. I think we should all write to support him in keeping his job. What do you think?

"I think we should all write to support him in keeping his job. What do you think?"

Risky for him, in as far as they won't appreciate the fact that he's been talking to his customers about his unhappiness with aspects of his job and management decisions. There was a similar case not long ago, where the postman got into trouble and the management they didn't change their minds, in spite of the support voiced by his customers.

Reasons for late/missing post? The management at Royal Mail deliveries do not care if the mail is late/misdelivered. All they care about is that the mail leaves the sorting office. You have never seen a company as badly run. I should know....

was in the sorting office looking for my lost 3 parcels when I heard a v. interesting conversation between 2 members of staff which went something like this - male voice "what do you mean he hasn't delivered in this area before" female voice "well, I feel sorry for this surrounding area, they won't be very happy". When I questioned said conversation male voice said they were talking about someone who had left long ago. LIARS, LIARS, LIARS

• 4 weeks later...

Our lovely postie has been relocated. Today the post was shoved through the door, soggy and muddy. I have written to complain (see below) but if any of you feel the same way please complian on the Royal Mail website:

http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm

Dear Sir/Madam,

Mr Nick Page has been our postman for the past 11 years (since we moved in). I understand he has done this round for 23 years. In our experience, Nick has been an excellent postman. He is reliable,competant and resourceful. I understand he has now been moved to another job and that we will no longer have a permanent postman.

His replacement today stuffed our letters throught the letter box which on arrival we wet and muddy.

Please give Nick his original round. we are already missing him.

Thank you very much for considering this matter.

Mr Page does want his job back. He was moved as he wanted to work flexibly as he is now a single parent. I understand they have wanted a part time postman on this route for some time (to save money) so they took the oppourtunity to move him.

I'm assuming you're all quite new to the area?

There was a period some years back when the postal deliveries were REALLY bad, letters were literally thrown onto the doorstep by new posties running down the street ....

Then there was the infamous postal strike when the whole delivery office was full of undelivered mail for weeks after the strike ended, and the manager would only speak to customers for a designated hour (I think) on Fridays ......

Really, things are so much better now :))Even if I find it a bit suspicious when I get no post for a few days and then a whole pile arrives at once, I just think about how much worse it used to be ....

:))

Sue,

While I like to see the good in everything, your attitude is wrong. It's like saying 'Oh, I'm so pleased the axe man only cut off my left arm and not my right. Good for him!'. Don't accept second best from a service we pay for! Nero

Nero Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Sue,

> While I like to see the good in everything, your

> attitude is wrong. It's like saying 'Oh, I'm so

> pleased the axe man only cut off my left arm and

> not my right. Good for him!'. Don't accept second

> best from a service we pay for! Nero

xxxxxxx

Oh, I don't. I once had a stand-up row in the sorting office and they threatened to stop delivering my post. But in that case I, and they, knew the facts of what I was irate about. In this case, I can't prove my letters have been held up in ED.

The (ironic?) thing is, I was once a senior manager at Royal Mail HQ :))

Nero Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

Don't accept second

> best from a service we pay for!

You will have to accept second best from Royal Mail now and in the future as the service is run down to its bare bones before being carved up prior to privatisation.