The lovely people of East Dulwich

I was walking along Lordship lane today when I fainted and hit my head on the ground (I am okay now if slightly concussed!). One lady managed to grab my rucksack and stop me hitting the ground so hard. Someone else rushed to get me a cup of water from a cafe, a passing nurse also stopped and checked I was okay and finally another very kind lady drove me home.

I just wanted to say I felt so touched and if any of them are reading this then thank you so much, it makes me very happy to know I live in such a caring and nice area :-)

Hi Mokoglides, hope you are ok now, get along to the doctor just to confirm all is ok, if you have not already done so. The ED community are lovely, and we we are very unique in the sense, that we do look out for each other. We are very blessed, and the East Dulwich Forum, is a fantastic platform for our sense of community.

Thanks ED Forum :)-D

We have lived here for 4 months and whilst have not needed rescuing from fainting on Lordship Lane, we have been struck by how friendly everyone is here. Friends had commented on the sense of community before we moved in and it has proved to be a happy place to be. It is great to walk down Lordship Lane (particularly on a sunny spring day) and see how many people smile and say hi. We are definite ED-converts! Here's to more sunny days, the advent of summer and glasses of winr outside at all these new bars opening up (irrespective of the merits of their new names!)