New Years Eve

lizzie

Ha ha - I knew what you meant. ;-)

Is everywhere charging to get in? I fancy a cheap (ish) night out locally and refuse to pay to get in anywhere! Was thinking of staying local until about 11, then heading to the South bank for the fireworks, with a couple of bottles of fizz. Anyone else done this before?

"and its not as manic as Trafalgar Square."

Trafalgar Square isn't manic on NYE these days, it's closed. I'd be surprised if there was general access to Parliament Square either. Last year I watched the firework display on the river, which was good.

Annasfield Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Was thinking of staying local until

> about 11, then heading to the South bank for the

> fireworks, with a couple of bottles of fizz.

> Anyone else done this before?

Yep, did it two years ago, and have to say never again....trying to get on a bus back home was manic. Might have been alright if I'd have been as wasted as the other 90% of the bus but I wasn't. Close as I have ever come to going postal...

E

Annasfield Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Hmmm, might give it a miss then. I hate NY eve -

> everyone puts so much in to it and has such high

> expectations. I always end up disappointed. Bah

> humbug!!

The expectation is having a skinfull....Funny but as I get older that means less to me.... Been there, done that, had the pavement pizza/hangover/woken up in a strangers house...

I also go to Dawsons Heights. People set off fireworks up there and the views are the best, better than poncy Primrose Hill. Maybe we should all go up Dawsons Heights this year. An impromptu EDF meeting.

However, I MAY go to the Bridges and see the fireworks. Being bikers we tend to park just south of the river on bike parks and have no probs with transport. :)

ALSO may be in Broadstairs. Sometimes bike down there and stay for the night. People set off fireworks on the beach and or jetty which is rather stunning to see around the Bay.