Missing post/packages - lordship lane

Vixster250

Just bumping this up to say I got a letter from Royal Mail today saying, "I'm sorry that the enclosed mail has been found in this condition after being allegedly witheld from delivery by a Royal Mail employee in the Peckham area". The letter had been opened but the contents not.

In fact the contents in question [an online purchase] went missing about 3 months ago. I mention this only as the OP mentioned stuff going missing and he/she posted in Feb. Must've been around April when mine was not delivered.

Anyone else had a letter?

• 3 weeks later...

I was expecting a package last week that never arrived, and I believe it would have been too large for my letterbox, but no card was left.

Does anybody know where it would have been taken if it had been too large, or who i could contact about it going missing?

This is on Belvoir Road, SE22

amycralj Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I was expecting a package last week that never

> arrived, and I believe it would have been too

> large for my letterbox, but no card was left.

>

> Does anybody know where it would have been taken

> if it had been too large, or who i could contact

> about it going missing?

>

> This is on Belvoir Road, SE22

xxxxxxx

Depends whether it was sent via Royal Mail or a courier.

Just to add my recent eperience- my post at the moment is being put through the wrong door. I only dicovered this when I ordered something and it seemed to be taking forever to arrive. I spoke to the company I ordered it from and they confirmed they'ld sent it over a week ago.

Eventually my neighbour (who had been receiving my post) put my letters through my letterbo and lo and behold the parcel was being held at the delivery office, and had been there for over a week.

I stopped the postman today and ended up having to explain where the post goes on my road- and it really isn't that hard! He is new as he's not the postman I used to have but it's really quite frustrating when it's really just common sense that something for an address with 'basement' or 'lower' in it would go downstairs not upstairs!

so I'd suggest if anyone is missing post to check with their neighbours whether they'ld received anything by mistake.

We live in an older place divided into 4 flats, each with separate entrances. We are the closest to the road and often get all the post for the entire building shoved through our letter box. Last week we had confidential medical letters plus a credit card (you could feel it) for one of our neighbours. I have rung Royal Mail several times but reckon the postmen take one look at our place and decide it's too hard walking up the others' steps.

Bic Basher Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Reporterguy Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > royal mail is not good because when i buy

> > something thats too big for the mail box at my

> > house they are not bothered to knock on the

> door

> > (e.g. i bought shocking roulette from amazon.

> it

> > came but we didn't know because they didn't

> knock

> > on the door and it was too big to fit through

> my

> > mail box)they might do it to you but i don't

> know

> > if this is a particular postman but they should

> > knock on the door

>

> Amazon now use the infamous courier company Yodel

> who have a bad rep.

Not true Bic Bash, Amazon have been using Yodel for quite some time. They were formerly known as HDNL and their service are so bad that they actually make Royal Mail look like a professional outfit. Yodel/HDNL have been featured on BBC Watchdog and there's a petition @ http://amazon.epetitions.net/signatures.php?petition_id=2270&page_next=1200 to remove Yodel/HDNL as a delivery option for Amazon.

Royal Mail locally seem to have had some sort of reorganisation of their deliveries (I only know this because I got a letter about it - as I used to run a small business, I must be on their mailing list).

Certainly I've got a different postie now.

Not trying to defend them, but it might be that you have somebody new who is still getting used to the arrangement of flats/doors?

I recently had a card through my letterbox saying basically sorry, I posted your neighbour's mail through your door by mistake, and please could you post it in to them. I thought it was quite good that the postie had at least realised the mistake and had bothered to take the time to write the card, tbh.

Anyone in Lordshop Lane received a delivery package from SportsDirect via Yodel containing 2 pairs of new running shoes - one white, one black? We are stuck in a timewarp of hell - "use the online tracker to show where your delivery is" "Yes but it's showing as delivered and we haven't got it nor do any of our neighbours" "But according to our records order has been delivered'. And of course, our bank account has already been debited the funds...

Hope we find them soon! Any suggestions?

so despite my explanation to the postman of how the addresses work in our road,my post is still being put throught the wrong door! aghhh!just called the Royal Mail customer services despite being a 0845 number and lodged a complaint. bloody ridiculous.

FANTASTIC FORUM SUPPORT - to the kind folk who live at 100 numbers less than us on Lordship Lane, we got our shoes today thanks to my post on here last night. Nice to know the there are still honest people around. Really appreciate getting our shoes.

This hadn't been a problem until now on Landcroft, but I'm now 5 days overdue on an Amazon delivery that is marked as coming by Royal Mail, first class. Only worth a tenner but still very annoying, given the grief you have to go through to report it and convince Amazon that it never arrived.

Just hoping that, like me, others who might have received this in error will pop down the road and deliver it to me. I've done this countless times for adjacent roads (same number as me, but on Rodwell, Pellatt, and even Landells Road). The number of occurrences of mail incorrectly coming to me makes me wonder how often it happens with my mail but never gets noticed.

Monday - ordered OH's birthday present via Amazon. Order confirmation e-mail revealed that I'd forgotten to change the delivery address (moved to ED a month ago).

Immediately e-mailed the company to see if it could be changed. No it couldn't, because it had already been dispatched.

Resigned to the fact that it would have to go to our last address and then be redirected to ED, thus missing The Day (today).

Wednesday - postman delivers the parcel, complete with Post Office redirection label.

To put it mildly, I was well impressed!

East Dulwich D.O. has a revision of duties almost complete. It's due to commence Sept 3rd (provisionally) Most walks will be slightly altered, and the majority of the Walks will have a new postie (Not a new recruit tho!). So bear with them for a while...

• 2 weeks later...