Shots fired on forest hill road

Barred

Forensic were there for a considerable amount of time, in fact a tow truck turned up after midnight to remove the vehicle and i was aware of the incident before ten o'clock. The road was closed and then a single line of traffic. I was impressed on how well the police contained and handle the situation. Really impressed.

I dont know why some members have responded to this persons query of the incident, Why the sarcasum why the making fun , why doubt the persons story , some of these responses are just mean and arrogant . I thought people had a right to write and discuss these things and other topics . but it seems like theres always someone thats got to respond with such a rotten attitude. Appaling really,wheres the community spirit. The few that do this dont deserve to be ed members.

I still think we have a great local network and it helps many members, so lets keep it sociable Thanks

shots heard would have been tyres being shot out to stop vehicle moving off etc etc. If police had shot anyone it would of been all over the press within minutes and the same if shots were fired towards police officers.

No doubt a gun was taken off the street in this stop and we will probably hear about it in the south London press at some point.

I suppose we are lucky to have officers who place themselves in front of armed criminals to protect the public an people of south east London and further a field from the less desirable members of our community........... but no doubt someone will say the police were heavy handed and planted something in the car etc etc.....

Here here Cas59. It's obviously off topic but in many threads there are those who respond to good-natured posts in an entirely innappropriate manner. Even if one's questioning something, it can be done with a lot more respect than is often given on here.

Reassuring to hear that police did such a good job. That little area has had more than it's fair share of incidents recently.

Cam123 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Here here Cas59. It's obviously off topic but in

> many threads there are those who respond to

> good-natured posts in an entirely innappropriate

> manner. Even if one's questioning something, it

> can be done with a lot more respect than is often

> given on here.

>

> Reassuring to hear that police did such a good

> job. That little area has had more than it's fair

> share of incidents recently.

I think people can get a bit fed up with imprecise, alarmist or speculative material posted on here..the sort of stuff needlessly leading to a heightened sense of public disquiet. I'm NOT saying that's the case with the OP here - but one need only consider the posts of p-glover on this thread (an intricate narrative with its own internal logic - based on thin air ) to see the dangers. Yes, perhaps folk on here should be more civil - but not everyone will hold their tongue when confronted by unsubstantiated speculation.