sylvester road sorting office

lindylou

Hi everyone. I am new to the forum. Has anyone experienced any difficulties with parcels not arriving via said sorting office. Mysteripusly 3 parcels of mine seem to have gone astray. Apparently they have vanished into thin air. Maybe santa claus has mistaken them for his own parcels?

just a personal update, I was out all day today and got home to find a recorded delivery item put thru my letter box without being signed for. Can't decide whether this is a good or bad thing - nice to have it without having to queue up all morning at silvester road to collect it, but a tad annoying and indicative of things still not being quite right in the SE22 postal world.

anyone else had this particular variant of an ongoing problem?

In their defence, we get a whole lot of parcels coming from abroad, often huge and the two blokes who usually deliver do a great job of getting our parcels to us, and have on several occasions tried 2 and even 3 houses down to leave parcels with neighbours when we have been out. It seems there are issues with the sorting centre, but our experience of the delivery staff has been wonderful and they are always very very friendly >:D

I agree that they're friendly and helpful. When a postie put a registered letter containing my passport and driving licence through my door without seeking a signature, I popped up to Sylvester Road to complain and the bloke behind the counter was horrified and I heard him go into the back and bollock the guilty party.

I do get absolutely loads of post for someone who lives at 69 Ryedale misdelivered to me.

We have had our problems in the past but I would just like to say that I think they do an incredibly hard job pretty well. Our new postie is cheerful and have recently been receiving mail before 9.00am. Not a job I would like to be doing on these bitterly cold mornings.

Does anyone have the telephone number for the Silvester Road sorting office? I'm fed up going all the way over there only to find no parcel waiting for me, it's been 3 weeks now!

By the way, a search on the net reveals this number 02086931395, which is wrong!

Cheers

Steve