Dulwich D.I.Y revamp?

Louisa

Squashed in between White Stuff and the odd little 'gift shop', old skool Dulwich D.I.Y has been looking the worse for ware for sometime now since the whole gentrification process began. However, walking down the lane earlier, I noticed some signage people outside with a pair of ladders and a nice big van taking down the old sign. Anyone else seen this?

Haven't noticed it yet but will keep an eye out

A hardware store is, by it's nature, always going to look a little rough and ready compared to glossy clothes shops (I haven't actually tried to make fold-up ladders and mops look cool/tidy/modern on a pavement but I imagine it's tricky) but what I would say is if they can make an effort then so can, ooooh, let's say a bookshop

;-)

Good luck to Dulwich DIY - they've been discussed on here a few times and, with one or two exceptions, have had plenty of support from forumites. They have always gone out of their way to help me (they once unloaded a whole car, incl speakers, to fit in some wood to take back to my place - and I hadn't even asked them to!)