Burglary - Oakhurst Grove 25 January

I had my front door pushed in and my jewellery cash camera etc taken.

It seems to be a common theme - we need as neighbours to look out for each other. There is obviously a lot of scum about in this area which is a shame.

I feel so violated, I am living on my own in a ground floor flat on a road I thought was alright, until my neighbour showed me photos of her face having been attached on Oakhurst Grove, and now this, I feel so unsafe.

The police did not even hang around to see if I was OK when I got in, if they had I could have shown them other places to fingerprint, could have told them they bastards had taken a side access key.

Let's be aware that this is taking place in broad daylight and try and stop it happening.

I dont want others to go through this, make sure you have contents insurance, I dont unfortunately.

Sorry to hear about this. I feel for you as I myself single lady living on the ground floor was burgled too nearly two years ago now, in broad daylight. Unlike you I did have insurance.

The police where really good with me, I was also offered some window vibration alarms, and I have since installed an alarm system. It did take a long time to feel safe again.

If you do not have an alarm system already, get one. ADT are doing great deals at the moment, and get some contents insurance living in London, contents insurance is a must.

Change your locks too; the locksmiths on Lordship Lane near GBK are good. Good Luck..

I sympathise, When I was burgaled I too felt violated. I wanted to kill the perps- not my usual reaction to bad experiences. The Government has as last realised that Domestic Burglary is not just a property crime but a crime against the person. Let's hope that it is dealt with much more seriously.

buntysammy,

I am very sorry to read what happened to you, you have my deepest sympathy. I have only been robbed once; unfortunately bolts on front sash window were'nt adequate and burglar got into front room and stole some pricey items but did'nt explore the rest of the house. Now security 'beefed' up.

However, I am one of these nosey old retired people who spends a lot of time at home watching what goes on down the street, so be assured there's quite a few of us around to help with the situation.

Kind regards.

Probably not connected but my car was broken into last Sat. in Hindmans Road. Spotted by a neighbour on Sunday morning. Quaterlight broken and about ?3 taken from ashtray/coin tray plus a cheap torch. There seems to a spate of trouble in this area suddenly. Could it be we have new neighbours?

New quaterlight cost me ?65 but the leaks under the dashboard when it rains seem to have stopped, so not all bad.

So sorry to hear this, I'm on oakhurst and got burgled in August, they smashed in our dog door and put a kid through who then unlocked the door.. I'm always out and about with the baby now on oakhurst so will defo keep my eyes peeled.. There is nothing worse than fuckers in your house knicking your stuff!!

Hope you are ok x

wolis Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Probably not connected but my car was broken into

> last Sat. in Hindmans Road. Spotted by a neighbour

> on Sunday morning. Quaterlight broken and about ?3

> taken from ashtray/coin tray plus a cheap torch.

> There seems to a spate of trouble in this area

> suddenly. Could it be we have new neighbours?

>

My car was done on Landcroft Rd overnight Thu 19 into Fri 20. Again, just for the parking meter coins in the ashtray, about a tenner probably, but cost me my ?150 excess. Cop told me there's been a spate of cash crimes around here recently - someone's seemingly in desperate need of that next hit. Scrotes.

They caught the guy that broke in to mine, he was fresh out of prison, wanted to go back in, left his prints and waited to get picked up - said he hid my stuff in a bush and got back and it was gone - if anyone hears of anything like this, let me know, I would love my jewellery back :(