Burglaries on Hindmans Road

There were two burglaries on Hindmans Road last night between around 6-7pm. They took laptops, cash and jewellery. They also took a red wonder woman bag - they were around 30 years old, black, male. No obvious signs of a break in. If anyone saw someone fitting that description carrying that bag (picture at link below) please could you contact the police.

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?q=wonderwoman+bag&um=1&hl=en&sa=N&biw=885&bih=608&tbm=isch&tbnid=Yl1dUqUc6xxwDM:&imgrefurl=http://www.sf-collectables.co.uk/wonder-woman-weekend-bag-1705-p.asp&docid=jENxhrlbdGgx9M&imgurl=http://www.sf-collectables.co.uk/ekmps/shops/sfcollectables/images/wonder-woman-weekend-bag-wbww1.gif&w=210&h=210&ei=PpEeT6q5BJDoOYOdwbkO&zoom=1&iact=rc&dur=328&sig=100290779723012251105&page=1&tbnh=116&tbnw=117&start=0&ndsp=18&ved=1t:429,r:8,s:0&tx=89&ty=82

Thank you very much. It may have been a bit before 6pm but cannot say for sure. Police say that they think they "slipped" the front door lock. If you don't double lock your door then any theif with the right tools can get it. There was no damage to the door though.

It is really easy to get past a basic yale type lock - I pulled my front door closed going out to the bins without having my keys in my pocket once at my old house and was horrified at how quickly the locksmith was able to get me in (seconds) - and it was just with a strip of plastic - not much of a tool.

I was pretty good at using my mortice lock before then but am positively paranoid about it now.

I did see something weird yesturday, as I was coming up to my house. It must have just gone 7pm, when about 3 doors down, there was a man with a small torch, peering into the front of someones garden. Later that evening I was told there were a couple of police & police cars down the end of the road.

I hope everyone is okay.

natalie123 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> There were two burglaries on Hindmans Road last

> night between around 6-7pm. They took laptops,

> cash and jewellery. They also took a red wonder

> woman bag - they were around 30 years old, black,

> male. No obvious signs of a break in. If anyone

> saw someone fitting that description carrying that

> bag (picture at link below) please could you

> contact the police.

>

when you say 2 burglaries, do you know where abouts each was on Hindmans Rd?

& how do you know about these burglaries?

I was burgled yesterday, lunchtime, on Oakhurst Grove - cash my jewellary and cameras and laptops, I am disgusted - what is going on here, why are there not more police about - I keep reading about this happening in ED. Why on earth I did not think to get contents insurance, I got a quote a month ago but had not followed up. They now have a key to my side access, hopefully my landlord is going to sort this all out but being that he did not listen when I first said our communal door was not secure enough, I have my doubts.

As neighbours, we must keep our eyes open and try and prevent this from happening to many others. My jewellery will be in some pawn shop funding someones drug habit no doubt.

Words dont go far enough to express my disgust at these people, if you steal you derserve your hands being cut off.

They caught the guy that broke in to mine, he was fresh out of prison, wanted to go back in, left his prints and waited to get picked up - said he hid my stuff in a bush and got back and it was gone - if anyone hears of anything like this, let me know, I would love my jewellery back :(