Long wait for appt. at DMC

I think there is something seriously amiss. Reading Tortor's post reminded of when I was last there just booking a repeat prescription. Remember back when it was seriously cold? A guy had an appointment for his diabetes and the receptionist told him that the GP couldnt get their car started so were going to be late and he would have to have his appt rebooked. He complained that he had waited weeks for this one but resigned himself and the recpetionsist checked and gave him a date 3 weeks into the future. NOt surprisingly the guy did his pieces.

I've lived all over south and east london, Newcastle and even Australia (no I'm not Dr Doolittle), obviously having loads of different GPs and I have never known such a crap booking system. The likeability or not of the various doctors and receptionsists is neither here nor there. the system is rubbish and totally inept!!!!!

Well the GP called me back yesterday evening and when I explained my symptoms she told me to come into the surgery. I live close by so which was ok but when I got there, there was no other patients waiting. I was surprised, I expected to see the place packed out. After 10 mins being there then a couple of patients came in. So, how many slots are available each day.

I was so stressed by the end of yesterday, even though I was seen it was a whole day spent waiting around for a phone call.

heber jumble queen Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> There is still a PCT (until 2013), and problems

> getting an appointment with a GP can be reported

> to the NHS Southwark PALS team based in the PCT,

> who can try to resolve the issue by contacting the

> practice on your behalf - and report back to the

> primary care contracting team (or advise about

> making a formal complaint if that's what you want

> to do).

>

> You should definately contact them and let them

> know about the problems you've had - it's

> certainly more likely to change things than

> commenting on NHS Choices - although you can do

> that too.

>

> http://www.southwarkpct.nhs.uk/patient_information

> /patient_advice

Just had a look at the DMC's page on NHS Choices. The negative opinions are mounting and not one reply from the surgery. Where to get timely medical care in East Dulwich?

Fuschia Wrote:

> Perhaps all the doctors have left and they daren't

> admit it (lol)

Maybe there has been a mass influx to DMC from other surgeries and they are overwhelmed.

Book an appointment 10 days ago to see the nurse at DMC only to receive an email to say my appointment tomorrow has been cancel as the hca i was booked in with does not do stitch removal. Called them to ask why and when an other appointment would be made, I was told quite rudely there was no other appointments and i should make my way to lister centre????

I am with Melbourne Grove and find the practice appalling, can never get to see a GP. If the practice manager is not available or always in a meeting there is no chance of gettimg any answers. Call P.A.L.S. they are the best people to speak to 08005877170.

maritap Wrote:

> I am with Melbourne Grove and find the practice

> appalling, can never get to see a GP. If the

> practice manager is not available or always in a

> meeting there is no chance of gettimg any answers.

> Call P.A.L.S. they are the best people to speak to

> 08005877170.

Did PALS help you? Are they the ones at the PCT?

Fuschia Wrote:

> Perhaps all the doctors have left and they daren't

> admit it (lol)

I posted on another thread from November 2011 about DMC entitled Dr. Gupta and it has now been locked by Admin. In that thread DMC had glowing reviews. How can this have changed in such a short space of time?

maritap Wrote:

> Yes, P.A.L.S helped me on more than one occasion.

> Not sure where they are based.

xxxxxx

I thought they were just for King's, and based at the hospital.

Do they deal with complaints etc about GPs as well?

What I don't understand is how I'm meant to ring, ring and ring again for what... 40 minutes sometimes ....in the middle of getting kids out to school/ I'm guessing other people are running up phone bills whilst trying to get through on the way to work, but you can't really watch your children and be on the phone on the way to school.Such a stupid system.

Yes there are some great doctors at Crystal Palace Road but what use is that if you never get to see them. Its like a gated community.Seriously fed up. Will try that PALS number - given that GPs are now getting more 'control' over the NHS this should be in their remit.

HI there Gidget - yes I will - thanks for the email. I've also completed the Dulwich Healthcare survey also on another thread. It's not just about GPs but provision in general but sees to be a good way to give feedback and there is a section on GPS enabling you to talk about your local surgery (they have a list of the local ones to select from).

http://www.eastdulwichforum.co.uk/forum/read.php?5,820674

Cheers

Helen

hpsaucey Wrote:

> HI there Gidget - yes I will - thanks for the

> email. I've also completed the Dulwich Healthcare

> survey also on another thread. It's not just about

> GPs but provision in general but sees to be a good

> way to give feedback and there is a section on GPS

> enabling you to talk about your local surgery

> (they have a list of the local ones to select

> from).

>

> http://www.eastdulwichforum.co.uk/forum/read.php?5

> ,820674

>

> Cheers

>

> Helen

Don't forget to go to the NHS Choices website and leave your feedback on the practice as well!

• 3 weeks later...

Yet again, I could not make an appointment for my daughter today. Receptionist told us to go to the Lister. Last time I booked an appointment for myself, they could not see me for three or four weeks. What is the point of this surgery?

Like another poster mentioned, I too was surprised to see the waiting room empty on a day that I was initially refused an appointment before being given one when I mentioned I was short of breath.

• 2 weeks later...
I have noticed over the last several appointments that I have had with GP's at DMC, that one rarely sees the same face twice, I have mentioned this in a consultation and the doctor I saw admitted that the management cannot hold on to staff for whatever reason. Locums , it seems, now hold the practice together.