Papa John's Advertising Trailer

OAKIE95

This discussion seems to have taken on some sort of class war positioning, with the great unwashed supporting the right of fast food merchants to turn the pavement into a parking lot against the perceived snobbery of the new middle class.

It doesn't seem to be very fair.

In particular it seems to be most obtuse to claim that parking mopeds on the pavement has equivalence to an outdoor cafe area. It clearly doesn't.

It doesn't seem to me to be 'extreme' to protest about pavement clutter, and need not be seen as snobbery. I'm sure that the vehicles parked outside the other shops are just as unedifying.

The point, Huguenot, is that no one is complaining about the other shops. Just the fast food joint.

People complained about the trailer and it was moved eventually. Fair enough, job done. But then they find something else to complain about. That does look like snobbery.

It's not the first time.

When I lived on Crawthew Grove there was much debate about cars that often turned up in the demarcated area in front of the electrical shop next to the EDD (Dulwich Hifi Station??).

I don't know if it's still there anymore?

If I remember rightly there was some discussion about the fact that although they could park cars there, they didn't actually have the right to drive them into place.

There was also a question of whether they could legally use that as a sales forecourt.

In the end it was just a discussion about balancing the needs and justfiable expectations of pedestrians and the local community, compared with the rights of the shopkeeper.

Went to Papa Johns after seeing this thread with my 11yr old son last Friday, very busy and people were walking down the street looking for it. Service was quick, staff were friendly (although busy) place was spotless, pizza was good ( any size with four toppings ?6.99 collection/delivery ?8.99) good luck to whoever has taken on the franchise and I hope it keeps fine for them .

http://www.papajohns.co.uk/images/Store-Homepage/example-store.jpg

If you?re looking for fresh, quality pizza then East Dulwich is the place to be. Using fresh and quality ingredients has been the foundation of Papa Johns for years, and we believe that better ingredients make better pizzas. Take a look at our menu for a selection of delicious pizzas and side dishes, you can also check out our great deals online. While at your computer why not visit Papa?s Lounge where you can have fun and save money on your order, you can even rate your pizza! You can order online to pick up in store or have your favourite pizza delivered. And while enjoying your pizza you can learn a thing or two about East Dulwich.

East Dulwich is a district of South London in the borough of Southwark. Did you know that it is home to the ?Concrete House? 549 Lordship Lane? This Gothic Victorian ruin is a grade II listed building and an example of a 19th century concrete house. Some believe it is the last surviving example in England. Today the house stands derelict and has been empty for about 30 years. There is lots to do and see in East Dulwich but once you have finished discovering what East Dulwich has to offer why not reward yourself with a Papa John?s pizza from the East Dulwich store!

Been a few days now with no tirade against PJ's. Wassup?

Surely there must have been a discarded Pizza box somewhere in ED so we can all lambaste them for encouraging litter?

Or a misplaced napkin that has enraged the sensibilities?

With no moans here & no wee in Worlingham, the weather is making this a real slow news week!

I live opposite the place and, so far, the sky has not fallen on my head. Thus, I conclude that Papa John's is not the work of the devil.

The dry cleaners and other businesses in that row regularly park their vehicles on the pavement and, as noted above, LB Southwark has thoughfully provided a drop curb to facilitate this.

In addition to the dry cleaners, we have a chinese, a chippy and an Italian restaurant, so a pizza place doesnt change the area much.

Not had a PJ pizza. Think I must.

Whoever parks illegal advertising trailers on pavements will see me try and stop it. I'm not fussed whether they serve pizza or whatever. Never a class thing.

We have for the last 12months seen a big rise in illegal advertising from the likes of Dulwich Cars to the solicitors whose name escapes me to this pizza chain/franchise.

• 7 months later...