Papa John's Advertising Trailer

OAKIE95

I have to laugh :))

I would think that now the Papa Johns trailer (the original reason for this thread)has moved,that this discussion would be put to rest. But, NO!!::o

It continues in one way or another along different lines, how fast food is ruining dulwich, bikes ruining pavements (when the cars have been parking outside dry cleaners and barbers for years:-S)

Having lived here all my life, from a child to an adult, I do think that we need to worry about far more important issues, which I wont mention as it will only continue this discussion further

I will say that no-one had issues with the dirty big skips while all the shops were getting kitted out, and all the vehicles that were parked on the paving stones then!!

Ok after following this post since it started, that is MY rant over

(I'm sure I will be recieve some constructive criticism later:)))

P.s. Must say all of my family (age 4 to 63) find Papa Johns Pizzas to be very tasty!!>:D<

Apparently it's not been the success the franchisee had hoped and so he's changing it to a PAPA MURPHY'S (because Take'n'Bake Pizza is the coming thing)

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSelybNahHWtjUwKz77sKjY4vjt0RveMhRZ7ZdrggL2aF9M3Ec3

... and he plans to advertise with this........

http://media.courierpress.com/media/img/photos/2010/11/19/20101119-235048-pic-552362643_t607.jpg

Cars should be on the road where they belong - pavements are for pedestrians. If all the shops had vehicles or other obstructions in front of them people might not be so happy. I have bought pizzas from PJs so am not advocating a boycott of their services. All that is being suggested is that they work with what ever the local planning rules are and engage with the local customers rather than annoying a high percentage. PJs are aware of these and other comments by local people so why aren't they answering the complaints?

Walking along East Dulwich Road the other day, it occurred to me that this is the first time I can recall when all the shops have been occupied. That has to be a good thing.

Let's not forget that the population of ED covers a wide range of ages and incomes, there's clearly a market for fast food, even if it doesn't appeal to the average EDF poster.

cella.

That was my point.

They seem to be simply ignoring completely the whole forum farrago!

They are not on their knees pleading for forgiveness with the hoards of incensed locals.

It's quite possible that counting the number of satisfied customers so far (in the several 100's?) vs. the number of really serious complainants (2 - 3 - 5?), they have a less than 1% "issue".

& if the worst thing about their fast food business is where they park their trailer .......... they ain't doing bad!

Goodness - how lazy and cynical.

We know where to send the bill when the paving stones need replacing then.

Its not unreasonable to expect a new business to want to engage with the locals who provide their livelihood and not be seen to be ignoring the basic rules when doing business in the community. None of the other shops behave in this way - surely you cant be encouraging this? Ah well - as long as you get your stuffed crust on demand.....

Cella,

On Friday the dry cleaners, the news-agents, Thames Gallery and the launderette all had cars or vans parked outside their shops on the pavement.

When the Chinese/Vietnamese was 'Hannah's' they had an outside seating area which came out as far as the bollards.

Locale has a seating area which takes up a fair chunk of the pavement.

PJ's aren't doing anything different to what the others have been doing for years.

Southwark have put a dropped kerb along there so that cars can access the pavement which suggests a couple of things:

Cars are allowed on there.

The whole area isn't going to descend into Hades just because a couple of mopeds are parked on there.

Whatever the reasons are for your sustained and unwarranted attack on Saint John, they simply don't make sense.

I, for one, much prefer the whiff of four different types of cheese and Californian tomatoes to the stench of snobbery.