Papa John's Advertising Trailer

OAKIE95

the-e-dealer Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> One Reason East Dulwich is a nice place to live is

> because people DO CARE and do get involved. If

> they didnt then we could have easily ended up with

> a Drive in MacDonalds on Goose Green, NO football

> Stadium on Dog Kennel Hill, and no Leisure Centre.

> Thank God some people do care about their

> environment and not every one is lazy and buries

> their head in the sand.

I think the problem is the prissy smugness on display on some of these posts. Gives the impression of cloying inward looking nimbyism. Yes people should care about their environment - but without morphing into hyacinth bucket

> Peckham rye Park only came about due to people

> campaigning for the funds. If you dont complain

> about what offends you we will get what we

> deserve.

OAKIE95 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Aaaaah it's gone.....and now back to by

> houmous....

Posted by: the-e-dealer January 19, 09:36AM

>

>Where do you buy your houmous?

I think he means bi-houmous - part tzatziki part taramasalata

They're not that good, hence silly over-sized and deliberately badly parked advan. To make matters worse, Papa John's junk mail going on about their Californian tomatoes.

I mean, What a great sales idea. "These tomatoes see, they're from the other side of the world and they will taste better than your shitty British tomatoes, especially after we've smothered them in salt and such." Papa John can go and bake his bits in his oven.

And 'Papa John' is too young for that name, see Col. Sanders.

I had no idea where their tomatoes come from (or really care) but I do love their pizzas. They are very tasty (come to think of it, their tomato sauce is good!) a bargain too - as the advert (much discussed on here) makes clear. I'm getting hungry again just thinking about the subject. I shall order one this evening.

Yes - the pesky trailer has been removed but the 3 bikes are still there and are now joined by a car which is parked there most evenings. This is going to cause damage to the paving stones - no other shops have this cumbersome traffic outside - how are they getting away with this? So annoying...

I think they are motor bikes. And I think if you read it carefully the poster is referring to the CAR Parked on the Paving stones. Paving Stones are pretty expensive and it is you and I who will be picking up the tab to replace them.

I wonder if Papa Johns has planning permission for Delivery?

The chances are tha I probably pay far more than you, but who knows (I don't know what, if anything, you pay)?

What I do know is that my share of a broken paving slab (assuming one does even break) would be de minimis and is therefore an utterly trivial matter. On that note - I'm getting back to my work. I shall leave you to worry about the great Papa John's paving/planning crisis...