Papa John's Advertising Trailer

OAKIE95

Where are you going ?"

And they said: "Chicken-licken went to the wood, and the sky fell on to his head, and

we are going to tell the King."

And Fox-lox said: "Come along with me, and I will show you the way." But Fox-lox took them into the fox's hole, and he and his young ones soon ate up poor Chicken-licken, Hen-len, Cock-lock, Duck-luck, Drake-lake, Goose-loose,' Ganderdander, and Turkey-lurkey; and they never saw the King to tell him that the sky had fallen.

James Barber Wrote: stop been a busy body and get on with life!

-------------------------------------------------------

> Today I received an email from the lead officer.

> Papa Johns havebeen told Southwark legal dept are

> asking up their case after the warning letter was

> ignored and that fine is likely to be ?1,000 + ?40

> for every day.

> Stop

> I'm sure others will decide that supporting any

> business that clearly disregards the law and the

> local environment doesn't warrant their support.

Good to know council's are being entrepreneurial and helping businesses in these hard times. Papa John's btw are franchises some person has probably sunk his redundancy into a business start up - he has said his 4x4 is broken and wants to rectify the situation as soon as he can cut him some slack for god's sake. Time to cash in my huge property profits and leave the place to you highly leveraged newbies.

James Barber wrote: 'I'm sure others will decide that supporting any business that clearly disregards the law and the local environment doesn't warrant their support.'

Papa John wrote: 'Any large or extra large pizza ?6.99 collection, ?8.99 delivered'

I'll have a tenner on the Papa.

It obviously has it's fans as this somewhat fulsome reviewer makes clear ...though there is a touch of the Vale about it all

Yesterday Evening, after five long days at work I decided to pop to the pub for a few relaxing drinks and then go home to order pizza. Sounded to me like the perfect evening!

In the past I have used my local pizza place but since it was taken over the pizzas are not as good and the prices have gone up so a while ago, I decided to try somewhere else and that place was Papa Johns and I haven't looked back!

I have ordered from Papa Johns a few times a couple of years ago and that was always by telephone and at the time was different to the branch I now use. I have to say that when I used that branch though it was a good as the one I now use so it seems that Papa Johns as a company know what they are doing.

The time I went back to using Papa Johns a few months ago, I decided to look at the website to see what was on offer and that was when I realised that my branch does online ordering, sounded great to me so I did that and I have continued to order online every since. So last night, before popping to the pub I decided to put my order in online and yes, this website allows you to pre-order for a time you want.

The website is located at http://www.papajohns.co.uk/ and when entering this you are taken to the home page which has the offers currently available and any limited edition pizza that they currently have.

The options at the top are Home, stores, menus and offers. First thing for me is to enter my postcode so that I can find my local Papa Johns. Once you have added your first order you can register so your local store is recognised from that point on. After searching for my branch, a page is then displayed which tells me what is my local store, the opening times and whether it is currently open. It also tells me the methods of payment that are accepted, whether it is collection, delivery or both and a map to where they can be located. You then just need to click on 'Start Shopping Now'.

Now I am taken straight to the menu which is split into Pizzas, sides, drinks and desserts. If this is not your first time of entering the site and you have previously registered, an option is also there of 'Previous Orders'.

Pizzas

So here is a list of the pizzas that I am now presented with which I can choose out of:

Create your own

Bolognese Pizza (Guest) (Ground Beef, Tomatoes, Onions, Mushrooms and Mozarella)

Double Italian Pizza (Guest) (Italian Style Sausage, red peppers, green peppers, mozzarella and cheese)

Cheese & Tomato

The Hawaiian (Ham and Pineapple)

Farmhouse (Ham and Mushrooms)

Garden Special (Mushrooms, Green Peppers, Onion and Black Olives)

The Mexican (Spicy beef, onion, jalapeno peppers, red peppers and chilli powder)

Hot Pepper Passion (red pepper, green pepper, sweet corn, green chilli pepper and jalapeno peppers)

Oriental Chicken (Chinese chicken, green peppers, mushrooms and sweet corn)

Papa's Pepperoni Plus (heaps of pepperoni, mushrooms and onion)

Kentucky BBQ (chargrill chicken, sausage, onions, sweet corn and barbeque sauce)

Chicken BBQ (Chicken, bacon, onions, barbeque sauce and a barbecue dip)

The Works (Pepperoni, Italian sausage, ham, mushrooms, green peppers, onion and black olives)

All the Meats (ground beef, ham, pepperoni, sausage and bacon)

The Godfather (Salami, chorizo, pepperoni and Italian style sausage)

Half and Half

The image of these different pizzas is on the screen and rolling over each image provides the allergen information. There is also a key to let you know if a pizza is Vegetarian and if it is Hot & Spicy. I have also checked a copy of the menu that you may use instead of online and I am not sure why but the allergen information is not on here. The Vegetarian and Hot & Spicy information is though.

I am the world's fussiest eater (or so a lot of people tell me) so I love the fact that you can create your own pizza. Clicking on this option takes you to a new page which shows all the ingredients that I can choose out of to add to my cheese and tomato pizza. You can choose if you would like a single helping or a double helping. The price starts at a standard cheese and tomato price and increases according to what you choose.

The toppings to choose from are:

Anchovies, bacon, barbeque sauce, black olives, chargrill chicken, cheese, chilli powder, Chinese chicken, chorizo, extra cheese, fresh tomatoes, green chilli peppers, green peppers, ground beef, ham, Italian sausage, jalapeno peppers, mushrooms, onions, pepperoni, pineapple, red peppers, salami, sausage, spicy beef, sweet corn and tuna.

I think this option is such a good idea and I use this to choose what I want depending on my taste buds that evening. You can even give your creation a name!

Another good option is the half and half. It's great if you have somebody coming round and you can order a pizza with two different halves which is good if you have different tastes.

The prices of the pizzas are as follows. Please note that the cheapest price is always the cheese and tomato pizza.

Small - 6 slices (?6.99 to ?9.99)

Medium - 8 slices (?8.99 to ?12.99)

Extra Large - 10 slices (?9.99 to ?14.99)

So now to the sides that you can choose from. Again, these show the allergen information and the vegetarian/hot & spicy information. I have included the current prices just to give you an idea of the sort of prices you are looking at.

10" Garlic Pizza Bread (?2.99)

Cheesy Jalapeno Bites (?3.29)

Veggie Combo (?4.49)

Garlic Cheesesticks (?3.99)

Potato Wedges (?3.49)

Papa's Chicken Dippers (?3.99)

BBQ Chicken Wings (?3.99)

Combo Variety with BBQ Wings (?4.99) (wedges plus 6 BBQ wings & 2 dips)

Combo Variety with Dippers (?4.99) (wedges plus 5 dippers & 2 dips)

You then have a choice of dips for 35p. You will get a free dip with any side order. The sides are Garlic mayonnaise, BBQ, Buffalo Dip, Honey & Mustard, Pizza Sauce, Sour Cream and Special Garlic.

I love my Garlic bread so will always order this. You will find that it is a round base and cut up so it is sticks of garlic bread. I then order the special garlic dip to dip this into and it is yummy! Definitely recommend that one. Also the pizza sauce is really tasty and after trying it the once I order two lots whenever I order. It is a fresh tasting tomato dip and dipping my pizza into this, gives it a really nice extra taste. People that I have ordered pizza with also recommend the BBQ dip.

The drinks on offer are 1.5l bottles and 500ml bottles. These include R Whites lemonade, Pepsi, diet Pepsi and Pepsi max. Tango is also offered. Other drinks are Pennine Spring (still water), J20 in various flavours, smooth juice and fruit shoots

And now for the desserts, not something I tend to order as I am always too full up when the pizza is finished! These are cr?me egg minis, chocarocka cream pie (single slice), Pot au Chocolat, Banoffee Pie (single slice), muffins, Ben & Jerry's in various flavours.

I think that now covers then menu that is on offer to you so I shall continue with my review of the food, delivery to your door and the offers that are available to you.

Review of the food

Well you can probably guess by now that I really like Papa Johns pizza. I tend to stick with the same company if the pizza taste fresh and the pizza from Papa Johns does. I tend to eat pepperoni pizza. Deep pan is always my choice. It is always cooked just right and the edge of the pizza is not too doughy so the crusts can be used to dip into the various sauces you have. The pizza itself is not too doughy either which I sometimes find with places like Pizza Hut. It has just enough cheese, tomato and pepperoni and all together it tastes lovely, I really have no complaints. As always, some people love certain pizza companies while others really don't like them. Hopefully me saying I do not like Domino's pizza will give you an idea of the certain pizza I like. I know a lot of people will be wondering how I can not like Dominoes but I really don't :-)

As I have already mentioned I eat the garlic bread which isn't too swamped in garlic and if you prefer you can always dip it into the garlic sauce on offer anyway. I have also tried the chicken dippers as a side order as well as these are very nice. There is plenty of chicken to bite into, always cooked right and is really tasty. Another one to dip into a side order of your choice.

I haven't really tried any of the other sides so please let me know if any of them are any good.

Delivery to your door

So I have chosen my pizza online plus the sides and have decided to pay by cash (paying by card is just as easy). This is where you go to the checkout and a part is there for you to enter your promotion codes. The different offers can be found on the 'Offers' part of the website. Depending on what one appeals to you, just enter your code. Only one can be used per order.

You are then asked if you would like to collect your pizza or order your pizza for delivery. An option is then given for pre-order so if you are like me and fancied a couple of pints first, you can select a time so you know that is when it will be delivered. Just then submit the order.

After submitting my order online I then go to my email account. It doesn't take long for an email to arrive to let me know my order has been received, a reference number is provided and the details of my order. Well I can now pop off to the pub.

Ten minutes before my pizza is due, I receive a text message just to let me know that the driver has left with my order and it will be delivered to my door very soon. I am at home waiting for it when it arrives, right on time.

Offers

I receive various offers once a week by email with different promotion codes on. There are also offers to be found on the website in the 'offers' section. Last night when my pizza arrived I was give a booklet titled 'thanks for your loyalty' with even more offers in.

My booklet contained free food, free drinks, buy one get one half price and any pizza, any size for ?10.99. The free food and drinks were when spending over a certain amount. There are also extra ones for the online orderers. These vouchers can also be used as many times as you want until 30 June so that is a good offer.

Other general offers include Bundle meal deals, buy one get one free and my favourite, 'Get 25% off when you spend over ?20 online'

So this is the end of my review. I would recommend this place as a good well organised company and if you want guaranteed delivery and good food then go for these.

Thanks for reading...

Jo

P.S. I live in Southampton in case you are wondering which shop in my review I am using.

Ok Curtain Twitchers can boycott and get a trailer lynch mob going and the Libertarians can go down and force feed ourselves on fatty over processed food at PJ.s. The Battle Royale will take place under the mural on Goose Green - get fired up on this video first the tears are rolling down my cheeks as I type - that trailer is a sign , a monolith around which free men and women can rally and through over stuffed cheese soaked mouth utter the cry ;

Papa John's - Better Ingredients - Better Pizza

Henceforth whenever I pass a Papa John's restaurant or hoarding I will remember the fragile bird of freedom and how we must defend it from the dead hand of burearacy.

Watch and weep

James Barber wrote: 'I'm sure others will decide that supporting any business that clearly disregards the law and the local environment doesn't warrant their support.'

In that case I expect Nero's to lose custom or am I too cynical with regard to the scaffolding going up despite refused planning permission for a second floor rear extension?

Edited to save a lawsuit: it has been pointed out to me that the perps are Parkhill not Nero.

Okie95 you should go down to the good old Papa's and claim your free 10" with a side of garlic bread and 1.5 litres of carbonated soft drink as you really can't buy advertising like this and he has had some valuable links from a high value community forum to the corporate site. All of East Dulwich and beyond now knows there's a new Papa in town.

Reminds me of Mary Whitehouse - whenever she got on her campaining bandwagon sales of whatever she was complaining about would soar - anyone for Roman buggery on the National Stage ! However this doesn't of course work for the Vale.

http://sites.ukhosts.com/images/siteid_33/134652/Papa%20Johns%20Logo.jpg

Oakie95 you are pathetic, get a life. You don't live on the street of 1950's St Petersburg, you're living in the very definition of modern suburbia. If we can put a McDonalds in Hanoi square then we can put a Papa John's in Dulwich so shut your mouth hippy. Our brave boys are out fighting wars in Iraq and Afghanastan for your freedom and all you can do is sit at home with your copy of the guardian, twitching curtains, eating hummus and complaining. If your lowered the sound of the whale music and put down your copy of the communist manifesto for just one moment you'd be stunned into the realisation that you'd be wallowing in your own filth in a ditch in peckham begging for a slice of Pizza if it wasn't for good honest companies like Papa Johns. You're everything that is wrong with Dulwich. Pathetic.

RLittleJohn Wrote:

> Oakie95 you are pathetic, get a life. You don't

> live on the street of 1950's St Petersburg, you're

> living in the very definition of modern suburbia.

> If we can put a McDonalds in Hanoi square then we

> can put a Papa John's in Dulwich so shut your

> mouth hippy. Our brave boys are out fighting wars

> in Iraq and Afghanastan for your freedom and all

> you can do is sit at home with your copy of the

> guardian, twitching curtains, eating hummus and

> complaining. If your lowered the sound of the

> whale music and put down your copy of the

> communist manifesto for just one moment you'd be

> stunned into the realisation that you'd be

> wallowing in your own filth in a ditch in peckham

> begging for a slice of Pizza if it wasn't for good

> honest companies like Papa Johns. You're

> everything that is wrong with Dulwich. Pathetic.

Awesome post. Quoting in case for some tragic reason it gets edited. Every word a pearl of loveliness.

I love this forum it represents the whole warp and weft of a society and community in transition who would have thought a simple displaced pizza trailer would have generated so much heat and light and shone a torch into the murky depths of the human condition. I don't even like this mass produced soggy excuses for cuisine but have found myself defending their right to be human - all too human. Ecce HOMO !

http://blog.fabricly.com/wp-content/uploads/royal-papa_john_william_kate_pizza.jpeg

RLittleJohn Wrote:

all

> you can do is sit at home with your copy of the

> guardian, twitching curtains, eating hummus and

> complaining.

Actually The Guardian has very good food writing, so you just take that back, motherf@cker!

ibilly99 - a man of your evident 'street smarts' clearly gets one out on ambushing the posh kids and getting mud on their blazer.

Let's be honest though, 'me 4x4's broken' has as much credibility as 'the dog ate my homework'.

I'd be happy to see the shop owner get fined simply because I don't like loud mouthed prats when they get called on their bullshit jumping up in front of teacher screaming 'prove it, prove it' when what they really need is their head flushed down a toilet and then to sit in a corner crying snot like the pathetic little kid they are.