Parking Fines for bus lane use on Lordship Lane

Well. Until it's actually illegal to drive a car - which we know plenty of 'eco warriors' who happily jet off on holiday at the drop of a hat woould love - it's reasonable to expect Local Authorities to administer tickets when parking rules are broken rathet than illegally, with an an intimidating process to challenge (very), and no apology when their attempt at rackateering is overturned or dropped. Overturned them twice myself whilst parking perfectly legally. Both times by ultimately saying I'd happily go to court with witnesses and proof in face of increasingllt threatening letters and escalating penalties. They are w*nkers.

Flamed ernough?

Sometimes the best thing to do for your own sanity is to accept that you broke the traffic regulations, pay up, resolve not to do it again, and get on with life.

I once spent a whole lot of time worrying, scheming and trying to figure out how to beat a parking ticket (loading bay, Whateley Rd, little sh*t from Sothwark parking on a scooter) and it made me more unhappy than parting with the cash did. Next parking ticket (parking in residents-only near Brixton Ritzy a mere 5 mins before the end of the regulated time), I confessed to myself I'd broken the regs and mentally moved on; that was much less stressful and made me less unhappy.

The point, Gimme, is that sometimes people are getting fingered through no fault of their own.

A parking ticket may be a minor inconvenience. And if it's a fair cop, then fair enough.

But if it is isn't, then there's no shame (and it may even be essential for one's sanity and self-respect) in saying 'not fair', even if there is no redress in sight.

• 8 months later...

I received a Penalty Charge Notice through the post today :-(

Did the banking at HSBC early and used the parking bay outside Barclays. Only by checking street view on Google maps can I now see the error of my ways.

Note to self - read all parking signs before using any designated parking bay; the conditions may differ from those across the road, or immediately around the corner.