Great Plumber

LJMQ

Give it a rest Cella. Some people get busy.

Why would he call possibly dozens of people to explain he's busy, field the next question 'when WILL you be free ?', and then listen to the commensurate moaning about the predicament the punter is in because they didn't plan their works and get their tradesman booked well in front ?!

Just because you didn't get a call back stop trying to diss a bloke who's obviously doing a very good job.

Pick-up yellow pages and sort yourself a plumber instead of stalking credits for a plumber who's busy with work !

Just to say, one of the reasons there are so many recommendations on here for Nico is that (at least in my experience) he asks people to put them on here, and I suspect that they then feel they have to.

Call me cynical, but I'd rather use a busy and efficient plumber who doesn't need to do that (yes I have one).

KidKruger Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Give it a rest Cella. Some people get busy.

> Why would he call possibly dozens of people to

> explain he's busy, field the next question 'when

> WILL you be free ?', and then listen to the

> commensurate moaning about the predicament the

> punter is in because they didn't plan their works

> and get their tradesman booked well in front ?!

> Just because you didn't get a call back stop

> trying to diss a bloke who's obviously doing a

> very good job.

> Pick-up yellow pages and sort yourself a plumber

> instead of stalking credits for a plumber who's

> busy with work !

You obviously didn't read any of my posts on here so you are wrong on all counts IMO. Tradespeople either want good relationships with future customers or are, for some strange reason, not bothered and lazily relying on the good reviews. I'm sure he probably is a good plumber but I'll never know! I left several messages and all he had to do was text to say he'd get back to me surely? Don't know why you are defending poor practice - very peculiar. You know nothing about my current work timetable but don't hold back on ignorant criticism. This forum is for locals to give both positive and negative feedback and remarks like yours (vested interest perhaps) won't stop that.

There are many reasons why tradespeople don't get back to you immediately - plumbers can be in positions where there is no signal, or doing things which cannot be readily stopped - or indeed away from home, on holiday or visiting a relative in hospital. Or, if you have an emergency which needs immediate response they may know that they cannot give you this because they are already committed.

A failure to respond doesn't, I think, give you carte blanche to attack the man, because there are so many valid reasons for it - whereas a poor job, or failure to attend when promised (being let down) might.

Penguin68 Wrote:

> There are many reasons why tradespeople don't get

> back to you immediately - plumbers can be in

> positions where there is no signal, or doing

> things which cannot be readily stopped - or indeed

> away from home, on holiday or visiting a relative

> in hospital. Or, if you have an emergency which

> needs immediate response they may know that they

> cannot give you this because they are already

> committed.

>

> A failure to respond doesn't, I think, give you

> carte blanche to attack the man, because there are

> so many valid reasons for it - whereas a poor job,

> or failure to attend when promised (being let

> down) might.

Disagree. It's not for you to guess why he didn't respond to several calls connected to possible work. I gave a negative review not what you emotionally call attacking him. It's for him, if he cares, to justify. Anyway I now have a range of quotes from others so I'll never know if he lives up to the better reviews! End.

Nico replied to our enquiry after a day or two ... we just thought he was probably too busy to answer right away! He came and sorted out our problem quickly and is coming back to do a different, larger job soon. And no, Sue, he did not ask us to put a review on the Forum for him. I just thought I would do so now having seen your questionable comment.

tomskip Wrote:

>. And no, Sue, he did not ask us to

> put a review on the Forum for him. I just thought

> I would do so now having seen your questionable

> comment.

"Questionable comment"? What do you find "questionable" about it?