Dry skin all of a sudden

mrs f

Hiya, my 8mo has suddenly developed dry skin in patches on his back & tummy. It doesn't look like exema to me but is a little redder than the rest of his skin.

I'm not that concerned at the min to take him to the docs & wanted to try creams 1st...

Can anyone reccomend a good moisturiser and or bath oil??

Thanks

Aveeno bath oil is very good. My son has mild eczema and it helps. Plus a paraffin based cream after the bath (cetraben). It sounds like it could be mild ezcema so if it persists worth taking him to see GP who can prescribe bath oil and cream. Have you changed washing powder recently? Could also be due to the cold weather and increased use of central heating - my son's skin has flared up a little in the last few days because of this.

I just discovered a fantastic solution for scaley flakey adult skin - homemade scrub using extra virgin olive oil and soft brown sugar - just mix together scrub over skin and rinse off - hey presto super soft skin! My hands are feeling very happy right now, and I'm about to go and try it on my unfit to show to the world knees...