Help! Boys toys

So after 5 1/2 years of buying girlie toys and clothes and everything pink I now have to buy Christmas present(s) for my little boy who will be 13m. Despite being surrounded by an assortment of dolls, cuddly toys, doll houses etc. he only plays with cars and anything car related and other very boyish toys

Any ideas what to get him for Christmas? I dont want to go crazy as he still very young but would like to get him one 'big'present that he will enjoy. We have a brio train set (his sisters) which he plays with but not much else

We have bought our 7mth old one of the multi story car park type garages, its a wooden one from ELC and looks great, very boyish!

I've also got him some more masculine books, chunky jungle animals, and a train set.

Does your son have a play buggy? All the boys seem to like them and they come in blue too :).

His grandma is getting him one of the three tier garage thingies. His sister has two buggies (both pink -oh well!) but he's not walking yet. I want to find a large car type toy perhaps one that carries other cars, has doors that open etc. There's so much out there and all so expensive.

We used to add to Brio...there is so much cool stuff out there. Bridges, trains that can carry cars, stacking things that you can built on two levels...

What never really took off were extras with Brio that were not train related with child 1. He never set anything up that hadn't had anything to do with trains.

Son nr 2 was into animals, the little Schleich ones. Really fab things to set up as well.

Later came knights and castles - and playmobil. Don't start playmobil too early as some of the fun are the little details and he won't get any of those yet.

Books

Bath toys - coloured soap

ride on car, you don't have to walk for that

Have fun!

Ride-on car very popular chez Moos.

Wooden drum also much loved (obv not just for boys) and makes rather a nice noise when bashed

He might be a bit young for a toy pirate ship (eg ELC not Playmobile), and definitely too young for a play workbench but both might feature happily in his future!

Like Melbourne groover said the wow toys are good - my son had the wow digger at that age and still plays with it sometimes at 4 years old. Also the elc fire engine is really good. And there's now a Happyland double decker bus, which is fab for putting people in and out of etc.

Duplo tractor/dumper truck

Ride on Thomas the Tank Engine/car/similar

Wooden bus

All v popular with our son when he was that age (and still are). TK Maxx has some good, big metal cars but unsure if they've got little bits that might get swallowed.

Hello there!

Help is at hand! We own a stall that runs on Northcross rd Market

on a Saturday and we happen to sell wooden toys...

From Noahs arks to woods trucks, stocking fillers to dolls houses.

Please come down and have a look, we are there every Saturday and Sunday's

Outside the fresh flower company also on Northcross rd.

Hope this helps!

Claire & Alice @ The Wood Shed