Motor bike smashed up on LL

sakwhita

I was having lunch with my wife in our house, when we heard a motorbike roaring past, it sounded like it was giong unbelievably fast. We both looked at each other, and commented how ridculously quick it sounded when suddenly there was a bang, and you knew the guy had come off his bike and must have slid for ages. We went outside to see if there was anyhting we could do, but there were already a lot of peple out there phoning the police. Not long after amubulances and police cars were screaming past the house to the scene. We came stright back in and we had to go out soon after, so dont know any other information, I hope they are ok, and I hope even more that he didnt cause injury to anybody else

I live near that end of Lordship Lane and heard the accident from my house. We saw the air ambulance coming down to land, but fortunately it wasn't needed. Apparently the guy collided with a tree and has seriously injured his leg, but is otherwise fine. Haven't been out to it myself, so only have this information second-hand, but it doesn't seem as if anyone else was hurt.

Was going to post it just after it happened, but thought it best not to so as not to cause worry or stress to anyone whose loved one rides a motorbike and had yet to return home.

We were walking up Lordship Lane, approaching the Friern Road junction when that idiot roared past. I just had time to mention that he was going much too fast when clearly he must have misjudged the bend and skidded over to the lamppost. I just dread to think what the consequences would have been had he missed the post and hit some pedestrians.