Nameless baby help!!

Anna27

We name the baby on Saturday morning!!

Top names that my husband also likes are, Ralph (this is top of his list) Heath, Orlando, also fredrick as a middle name? quite like Rafe too...

He's now 9wks old, we call him babe'a' as this is what our toddler calls him and it just stuck....

will let you all know what gets decided!!!

This is a great thread! Have been reading with interest as our 3rd boy was born last week and we were struggling for names.

We already have a Jack Freddie and a Billy Francis and decided finally on Rory Frankie for no.3 which has got a mixed reaction from people!

I think all 3 are great names! Top of the list now seems to be Rafe for me I think if we spelt it Ralph but pronounced it Rafe we would spend most of the time correcting people?

Husband prefers Ralph but I'm working on him! need a middle name that goes nicely, any suggestions??

It would be Rafe Watts (husbands surname I kept mine) the only family names I like are francis, Fredrick (not so sure) clarence??? don't want to put a family name in for the sake of it would rather add one that sounded nice with Watts, feel that it needs something in the middle with them both being one syllable names.

That's a great name!

Just to say it isn't very easy anymore to change your baby's name. I needed to correct a mistake and it took eight months from first calling the General Registrar to getting the birth certificate amended and was very difficult to get the General Registrar to agree. I have missed out on two foreign holidays as a result as my daughter did not have a passport! You used to just be able to go to Peckham Registry Office if you had changed your mind!

I would not have known Rafe to be a Ralph, but in the modern world that's what comes about.

My Jamie (now 19) is often, and obviously called James, by his grandparents.

When he was born his paternal grandparents were away on holiday in Switzerland. They received a telegram congratulating them on arrival of a new grandson 'Jeremy'. He was a Jeremy until they arrived back in the UK!

Chose my son's names so they couldn't really be shortened lol - Linus and Keir. People will always find some way to turn them into nicnames though I suppose.

Ruth_Baldock Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Agree re: names with cute shortenings. I have an

> Alexa; never called her that, she's my Lex :)