Nameless baby help!!

Anna27

We can't decide on a name for our baby boy, registering the birth next week! all suggestions welcome..

We have a toddler call Archie so wanted to avoid all the obvious ones like Freddie, Bertie, Charlie (not that we don't like them) thought that something would come to us once he was born!

We like Heath and Orlando? struggling with possible middle names for these...

Any Ideas of names that go with Archie??

Thanks

At times like this, I can think of no better advice than that offered by Half Man Half Biscuit. In Breaking News they advise:

'A woman who described herself as ?A little bit Bridget, a little bit Ally, a little bit Sex And The City? and chose to call her baby boy Fred as a childishly rebellious attempt at a clever reaction to those who might have expected her to call him Julian or Rupert. Bit of advice: call him Rupert, it fits, and besides it?s a good name. Don?t be calling him Fred or Archie, with all its cheeky but lovable working class scamp connotations, unless you really do have plans for him to spend his life in William Hill?s waiting for them to weigh in at Newton Abbot.'

I like heath and Orlando too, and crystal7 your list were pretty much the same as our favourites.

Ethan goes well with Archie - as does Felix and Louis. As for middle names, i'd pick a family members name even if quite trad.

Good luck and let us know what you choose.

I always think boys names are so much harder than girls!

James? (know so many people including us who used it as a middle name, but think it's lovely in its own right)

Alexander - a great one to shorten or spell differently: Alex, Lex, Xan, Sasha...

I also liked Leif

Love Pip too!

Isn't one of the key tests to imagine shouting the name in a crowded playground to see how good / bad it sounds? :)

Nice to see my boys' names in your lists!

I love Orlando but hubby didn't, also concerned about the name's longevity (ie., when they are at secondary school/an adult) which is why my husband also wouldn't let me have Ptolemy (which is a rather silly name really).

Get a top 5 and try then with your surname. See which one has a nice ring, think about what they would be like as they are growing up and into adulthood. How would it be shortened? What would his initials be?

I love Eli, Jago and Milo (or Mylo).

I used to feel the same (that girls names were way easier) but now I just love boys names!

Just met a mum of 5 (yup!!) who had four gorgeous boys names:

Elijah (I love Eli too ;)

Reuben

Micah

Jude.

Thought they were lovely. Also love:

Felix

Ari

Isaac

Inigo (not allowed that one boo, I love it!)

And a few others that I keep a little closer to my chest ;)

Good luck choosing!

X

Thanks everyone, there are some great name suggestions here. Baby is Seven weeks today! need to name him before the local authorities hunt us down!

Still like Orlando glad so many others do, also Jago is interesting, we liked Harper before posh spice named her girl, also tried out Sawyer. I find boys names so hard but finding it harder to commit to one! Surname is Watts I kept my family name, I feel that some of the names need a middle name to go with watts with it being one syllable?

For example Orlando Watts, Jago Watts etc..

He is Actually registered at the doctors as Arthur Watts as the had to put a name down for him (something we can later change) the receptionist suggested Elvis

Thanks and keep them coming...:)