anyone know if santa and his reindeer are coming to east dulwich

nancysmum

A friend of mine has just moved to Llangollen.

They had some kind of pre-Christmas festival/procession recently in which reindeer were promised.

What they got was an embarrassed looking young man with a reindeer head and antlers sort of stuck on top of his own head.

She has photos to prove it.

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

• 10 months later...

peckhamboy Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> ?18 for a child though? Think we'll be giving it a

> miss, much as I'd like to spend time with some

> real elves.

xxxxxxxx

?18 ???????

Bloody hell :(

Are they keeping the reindeer upstairs? Poor things. How are they getting them upstairs in the first place? There isn't a lift .....

ETA: Ah - just realised it says Dulwich Park. I thought it was the Lodge upstairs at the EDT :))

The Question should be, has anyone tried to go to a grotto in W1 with two children under Five?

Has anyone tried to use public transport and go to a grotto in W1 with a child?

Real Reindeers a fantastic location, a wonderful park, no charge for parking.

Santa,toys,actives, fun, for all.Spend more on a take away and don't feel as good.

Santa Vintage Christmas Grotto Dulwich Village....

website www.santasgrottodulwich.com

[email protected]

This is a local Christmas Grotto it would be good to support it.

Merry Christmas

decorative art Wrote:

> The Question should be, has anyone tried to go to

> a grotto in W1 with two children under Five?

>

xxxxxx

The Question should be, why should somebody take advantage of the difficulties of taking small children up to town by charging frankly ridiculous prices for a local visit to Santa, real reindeer or not.

This may be Dulwich/East Dulwich, but not everybody can afford to shell out ?18 a child plus money for adults plus money for photos etc..

Are people allowed to take their own photos? I'm guessing probably not, but happy to be proved wrong.

ETA: And last time I bought a takeaway for a small child, it didn't cost ?18 :))

18 quid! Santa doesn't charge for his time at goose green school's Xmas fair. But then again, dulwich village is another planet. There's currently an advert for a governess in the shop window in the village. Wonder how much they'll pay Jane Eyre.

?18 a child Plus ?5 an adult. Or ?42 for a family of four. That's OUTRAGEOUS!

Real reindeer are very disappointing in RL, smelly and quite small ... And not the magical creature one might expect.

Apart from the grotto all the other benefits, wonderful location and free parking are intrinsic to dulwich park really

"This is a local Christmas Grotto it would be good to support it. ". So, how will the local community benefit from this? If you can't specify then I hope people stay away in droves

The majority of primary schools create wonderful santa grottos for a pound or two per child

I'm an events manager so I'm aware of the amount of work and effort needed to put on a project of this scale. I'm also a mother of two children who still believes in the magic of christmas. With the amount of activities included, I think, it's well worth the price tag.I've just booked so I'm putting my money where my mouth is....

I'll keep you posted.

L4love Wrote:

> I'm an events manager so I'm aware of the amount

> of work and effort needed to put on a project of

> this scale. I'm also a mother of two children who

> still believes in the magic of christmas. With the

> amount of activities included, I think, it's well

> worth the price tag.I've just booked so I'm

> putting my money where my mouth is....

> I'll keep you posted.

My children still believe in the magic of Christmas too. Doesn't mean I'd pay ?23 for them to see Santa and decorate a gingerbread man when they can do it for free or a couple of pounds at any of the school fetes. As a new poster you should keep an eye out for the dates

And I think we're all aware of the amount of work that goes into planning this type of event.

But the cost is a bunting cupcake too far

L4love Wrote:

> I'm an events manager so I'm aware of the amount

> of work and effort needed to put on a project of

> this scale. I'm also a mother of two children who

> still believes in the magic of christmas. With the

> amount of activities included, I think, it's well

> worth the price tag.I've just booked so I'm

> putting my money where my mouth is....

> I'll keep you posted.

Another suspicious first post. I don't suppose you happen to be managing this particular event by any chance?