Racist Bigot spouting bile on tram

Parkdrive

Parkdrive - did you read Kid Kruger's (amongst others) sensible comments way back on this thread. How do you propose to go about taking the thousands of children up and down the country into care for similar reasons?

This tram lady just happened to be filmed, does this mean I should have filmed the lady with three young children in tow who got on a bus and gave the poor driver a torrent of abuse, including racial abuse? There are many, many people with serious mental issues bringing up children and of course with other issues too such as drug and alcohol abuse. Doesn't mean that everyone condones it but sheilarose makes some very good points about the effect of removing children from family and putting them into care.

A lot is being made of possible mental health issues.

I'm, sorry, but depression does not excuse this behaviour. Other mental health conditions possibly do, but this is all speculation.

PS. I am not unsympathetic to people with depression.

PD you are over reacting, for the reasons others are eloquently pointing out.

Incidently, nowhere has there been any evidence presented that this woman was either drunk or under the influence of drugs. That is something you have assumed from watching a 20 second video clip. I commented earlier my impression was that of an angry woman rather than drunk one but we can't really know either way unless some factual evidence is presented.

UDT is absolutely right in that people are verbally racially abused every day of the week. Katie is absolutely right in that they don't get filmed doing so.

If you really believe that we should have a policy of taking every child into care when a parent displays racism then perhaps you would like to give an insight into how that will possibly be better for the children and society as a whole. We already have thousands of children in care who can not be found foster homes, and many of then suffer from being in care. That is why professionals remove children only as a last resort, because it is widely accepted that the best place for a child is with parents - even if that parent has one or two views that you, or I or anyone else doesn't like.

Anyway...in the case of this child, the woman has a husband, the child's father. So unless both parents really are unfit to look after the child, I can't see any reason why this child should be put into care.

I don't think anyone's trying to excuse the behaviour Otta, and she will be punished for it via the courts....but there is I think a sense of media overkill on it.

The woman's mental health is a consideration when determining what may have precipitated the incident. We don't see from the video how the rant started? There's a differnce for me between an unprovoked rant and something that may have been pre-empted by something......did a row break out for another reason for example before turning nasty and being filmed? Or was the woman already agitated for other reasons before getting on the train (an agitation that can be the symptom of a mental health condition for example)? That will all be considered in court.

There are probably only about four or five million people who mostly agree with her sentiments - but tend to keep it to themselves on buses. Eight million, tops.

So come on, people - keep your ears open and your cameras at the ready.

*Bob* Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> There are probably only about four or five million

> people who mostly agree with her sentiments - but

> tend to keep it to themselves on buses. Eight

> million, tops.

>

>

> So come on, people - keep your ears open and your

> cameras at the ready.

I'd be interested to know how you arrive at this figure.

*Bob* Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Parkdrive Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > I'd be interested to know how you arrive at

> this

> > figure.

>

>

> Have you spent much time in, say, The Midlands?

No and why is that relevant. Are you implying that most of the residents are racist, if so, how do you know that for sure.

Those bbqs do feel a bit like that sometimes, Brendan.

Actually it's the funerals which are the worst. Especially when you live away and meet-up with those old faces - and they can't wait to tell you about all the changes etc.

I'm afraid to say that our groovy metropolitan melting pot is some way in advance of many other areas of the UK.