sock ons won't stay on!

Yak

My 7 month old still has an aversion to socks and somehow, even with those "sock on" things over the top, they come off. This mostly happens when he's out & about in the sling, which results in retracing our steps all the time. But it also happens at playgroups, visiting friends etc. Agh! I thought they were absolutely foolproof? Anyone else had this?

Now I have no problem at all in popping him in tights but from time to time it would be nice to put trousers and socks on. So far I've tried baby gap, next, sainsburys but still no luck.

Any bright ideas? In a moment of madness I have even thought of sewing elastic to them (like mittens through a coat)!

Have you tried Baby Gap socks? We had sock trouble until a friend tipped me off, and 2 yrs later have never had a sock fall off. They cinch in above the heel really well. There's a specific kind though: it's the ones that are thicker, with the gripper writing on the bottom, and you could only fold them over once if needed (ie, not the 'triple roll' ones). They usually come in a pack of 5 I think. Would highly recommend!

The advice (question) requested has been answer that's all! some was send last night.

is true some socks on won't stay on; if children will minimize the number of socks that parents need to have

in their wardrobe then is an issue if all parents think this way is best to keep them without socks.

we have had great sucess with our polarn or pyret slippers.... http://polarnopyret.co.uk/polarn-o-pyret-moccasin

which help aid the crawling / standing due to the suede sole

I'm sure you wouldn't but don't put anything too structured on his feet as his bones are still very soft and easily damaged with incorrect footwear...

I don't think there are any socks that will stay on with grabby hands that like a little fabric to suck on!

The soft leather bootees over socks should solve the problem, good luck.

With my first gap socks stayed on fine, with my second she had slightly curved feet (metatarsus addictus is the medical term) & socks would always come off unless she had the soft leather boots on top. So, I think sometimes the shape of the feet can clearly have an impact, even if not a medical problem. People are right about only using soft shoes though, she's worn special shoes with a straight inner edge from the age of 1-3 & this alone has been enough to gently correct the curve in her feet - which shows how easily their feet can be affected by footwear.