Another good GP leaving Melbourne Grove Practice?

Rach

the-e-dealer Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Cant see what there is to object to a permanent

> part time appointment its pretty common.

I remember Dr. Ilves. He was there when I first joined. Was really sad when he left.

I don't think a one day a week position can even be termed part-time. And he does not have a regular day per week, so hard to make an appointment in advance. That to me would be at least three days a week, which is what Dr. Johnson was down to before he retired.

the-e-dealer Wrote:

> Well there was this Dr not Grant obviously. Said

> you should take Ibuprofin. I said I cant I am

> Asthmatic - they said said Nonsense my child is

> asthmatic I give it to him/her all the time. Then

> he/She opened up Mims and said oh dear you are

> right.

xxxxxx

That's truly terrible.

But on the other hand, many moons ago when I was at uni I went out with a medic, and the thought of anybody ever being his patient is just too horrific to contemplate :-S

I left them after I was having pain in my side, obviously a kidney infection, I got an appointment after a phone consultation and waited 2 days. She took a test and gave me antibiotics, said the results would be back in 2 days to confirm and make sure I was on the right antibiotics. I rang back in 2 days, no results, rude receptionists as usual, rang back the next day, nothing. The day after I was rushed to hospital and spent the next 10 days there. Hilariously, 5 days after being discharged they called me to give me my text results (nearly 3 weeks later). They told me that it appeared I had a kidney infection and the antibiotics they'd given me could possibly make it worse so I needed to go in to get different ones. I was so shocked. I pointed out that it was weeks ago and in the meantime I'd dropped a letter in from the hospital confirming my hospital stay. This letter never made it into my medical records, they lost it. I spent ages trying to tell her I didn't need new antibiotics, she kept saying I should come in. I'm afraid I hung up in the end. They must have left the flag on the system because they called another 2 times to give me my test results after that! I tried to make a complaint but the receptionists refused to give me a form and I imagine my complaint letter never made it to anyone important!

I moved to Dulwich Medical Practice on Crystal Palace Road and love them, you can get a same day appointment, they're not open as late but gone are the days of describing embarassing symptoms on the bus!!

the-e-dealer Wrote:

> Well there was this Dr not Grant obviously. Said

> you should take Ibuprofin. I said I cant I am

> Asthmatic - they said said Nonsense my child is

> asthmatic I give it to him/her all the time. Then

> he/She opened up Mims and said oh dear you are

> right.

Did you make a complaint to the practice manager? I would have pursued this to make sure this idiot didn't get to do this to anyone else.

TarahC,

What happened to you is utterly shocking. When was this? Who is she? Please leave an account on the NHS Choices website and write to Sandra Connolly the practice manager, so that this doesn't happen to anyone else. Sadly this account doesn't surprise me anymore.

I too have left feedback on my experiences with Melbourne Grove via NHS choices. Its right for a newly registering patient to be able to make an informaed choice based on the views of other registered patients, a GP surgery will never sell itself as anything other than friendly and professional if its looking to take on new patients, no matter how realistic the statement. I hope they sit back and take notice of the negative and work on the feedback they recieve from patients. Everybody deserves adequate medical care, and everyone deserve reception staff to act professionally and in a warm hearted manner. After all the reception is the first port of call when requesting to see a doctor and leaves a last impression on the whole practice.

Mysteriously some nice comments about Melbourne Grove have now been added to the NHS Choices website and the most recent favourable comment is about as genuine as their commitment to patients. That clinic is a threat to public health, the fact my husband was hospitalised because of their incompetence obvs isn't an isolated incident.

Given the doctors last a few months it seems strange that the rude receptionists are still thriving. We changed to DMC and I wished I'd switched sooner.

Oh don't get agitated KestonKid, I'm quite relaxed about people having different opinions about a local clinic, I just think it strange that a very positive review has been written after so many negative ones and in quite a stooge-like writing style.

If you look on the Melbourne Grove site here:

http://www.mgmp.co.uk/about-us

you will see a picture of a woman, Sonia Hall, who does not work at Melbourne Grove anymore. Yet her name is also listed as a staff member.

There is also mention of Dr. Khalek, who has not worked there since last July. There is also a picture of him on another page.

What is going on there??? Can't believe anything they say.

Gidget Wrote:

> If you look on the Melbourne Grove site here:

>

>

> http://www.mgmp.co.uk/about-us

>

> you will see a picture of a woman, Sonia Hall,

> who does not work at Melbourne Grove anymore. Yet

> her name is also listed as a staff member.

>

> There is also mention of Dr. Khalek, who has not

> worked there since last July. There is also a

> picture of him on another page.

>

> What is going on there??? Can't believe anything

> they say.

xxxxxxxx

Having spent virtually the whole day updating the Goose website and still nowhere near finished, I would say they probably just haven't had time to update it.

Not defending them, just saying that it's the kind of thing which probably isn't top of their admin people's list of priorities.

Gidget Wrote:

> Sue,

>

> It has been updated. The previous one had Dr.

> Bhatia on it. She left in November. As I said,

> Dr. Khalek hasn't been there since July. Sonia

> Hall hasn't been there for a good two years.

xxxxxx

I haven't seen the website in question so I can't comment, except to say I would assume (always a bad move of course) that these mentions of people who have left are not on the same page which you say has been updated - as obviously those pages haven't been updated.

Am I missing the point here? Quite likely :)

Sue Wrote:

> Gidget Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Sue,

> >

> > It has been updated. The previous one had Dr.

> > Bhatia on it. She left in November. As I

> said,

> > Dr. Khalek hasn't been there since July. Sonia

> > Hall hasn't been there for a good two years.

>

> xxxxxx

>

> I haven't seen the website in question so I can't

> comment, except to say I would assume (always a

> bad move of course) that these mentions of people

> who have left are not on the same page which you

> say has been updated - as obviously those pages

> haven't been updated.

>

> Am I missing the point here? Quite likely :)

Yes you are missing the point. One updated page is the one with the mention of the doctor who has not been there since July. It has been updated, as I said, because Dr. Bhatia was previously on it and she left in November. The fact that Sonia Hall is still on it is very curious, as I said she hasn't worked there for years.

• 1 month later...
I suffer from coeliacs disease (food allergy meaning i am allergic to wheat and gluten) i have had this for 23 years and found out through a colleague, who also has coeliacs, that i am meant be having yearly check ups- something which Melbourne group practice has failed to tell me . I made an appointment for a DOCTOR however the nurse insisted t appointment was with her despite her never hearing of the allergy. She spent the entire appointment on Google trying to find some information on it. I insisted that this was not good enough before she realized my appointment was with the doctor. I am unsure of the doctors name but she wasn't 100% on anything either, this surgery has gone down hill since Dr.Johnson has left. I have now followed my family who recently moved to herne hill group practice.I had my overdue consolation with them and they were extremely good especially Dr. lamb , I highly recommend.