Another good GP leaving Melbourne Grove Practice?

Rach

I've heard that Dr Bhatia is leaving Melbourne Grove Surgery. Such a shame.

She is a breath of fresh air and has really tried her best to improve the service.

She is a great GP: thorough, dedicated and caring.

This is a huge loss for us patients, and I guess it is back to try your luck with Locum GPs again!

I wasn't aware they had any Dr's ;-)

I left that practice a couple of years ago now, doesn't sound like its improved at all.

Do they still conduct telephone consultations on inappropriate medical areas at unknown times? I had a nurse call me at work at a non pre arranged time to discuss pregnancy related matters when I was only a few weeks pregnant (ie work didnt know). Upon receiving the call (open plan quiet office) I immediately said to give me a minute so I could find somewhere private to chat but clearly time was far more important than patient privacy.....

Transpired she was the second nurse that couldn't answer the question and I was finally given an appointment which I later cancelled on account of changing to a surgery that did value patient care and confidentiality.

Don't normally get involved in complaints but....

We phoned them on Thursday morning to make an appointment for my 2 year old, who has recurrent bronchiolitis and was clearly having another bout plus complaining of a very sore ear. He had spent the previous day lying on the sofa, obviously quite ill. They offered us an appointment on Tuesday (i.e. in 5 days time).

I can't even be bothered to complain again. This time I am definitely going to move surgery!

(I had the same issue with telephone consultations ClareC - they actually attempted to conduct my initial pregnancy appointment with me over the phone on my office number and refused to book me an appointment until I complained. But they seem to have relaxed that system now and it's easier to bypass the phone call and get an appointment - but it's generally with a nurse)

Bring back Dr Ilves, Dr Richardson, Dr Brew-Graves, even Dr Grant, and of course Dr Johnson. Pray for good health so there will be no need to visit that place. As previosly stated if you want to see a nurse you have plenty of choice.although I really liked Tabitha but its just getting from bad to worse there.We live in hope.

and I thought it was only me that didn't like them, I visited the surgery the other day and the service was so poor that I couldn't believe it. The doctor didn't even know what was wrong with me, she didn't introduce either so I didn't know whether she was a doctor or a nurse... terrible, so disappointing! any good & helpful doctors in the area?

Do they not have a Patient Forum you could all join to try and change things?

I highly recommend Nunhead Surgery Nunhead Grove for those of you in East Dulwich who ARE in theit catchment area.

The patient forums meet at different times so as many folk can come as possible.

The Doctors there are really clued up though and for example refuse to entertain the idea of 0870 numbers, and you can see a doctor the same day as well as up to a week or two ahead.

The receptionists are nice, too!!

I have had good luck and had never run into the dreaded phone consultation. But, yesterday...they insisted When I attempted to secure an appointment for my 10 year old son. I insisted on an appointment, and, was given one for Friday. So, yes, they are still doing phone consultations. I might add that this would have been an impossible thing to consult over the phone on.

So which is better - DMC Chadwick Road, Crystal palace road or Sternhall LAne.

I'm not close enough to the Nunhead surgery (checked!)

Anyone else in SE15/Bellenden rd Area got a good GP?? Cos I want out of melbourne Grove. I did join the PPG but even that is not very effective I feel.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm heartened (if that's the right word) to hear other people have had trouble with Melbourne Grove Practice because I find the place completely hopeless but I wish I knew who to report the problems to - does anyone know? When I joined I was a patient of Dr Johnson who was really good, Dr Bhatia was fine, too, but now she's left. I've heard MGP is run by a company as opposed to a consortium of doctors, is this true?

wainui01 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I'm heartened (if that's the right word) to hear

> other people have had trouble with Melbourne Grove

> Practice because I find the place completely

> hopeless but I wish I knew who to report the

> problems to - does anyone know? When I joined I

> was a patient of Dr Johnson who was really good,

> Dr Bhatia was fine, too, but now she's left. I've

> heard MGP is run by a company as opposed to a

> consortium of doctors, is this true?

Melbourne Grove is run by Concordia Health. They also run other practices in the country including Parkside in Camberwell.

The Managing Director is Adam Hurd. His email is [email protected].

The Clinical Director is Dr. Simon Fradd. His email is [email protected].

Please write to Adam Hurd and copy Simon Fradd. The new practice manager at Melbourne Grove is Sandra Connolly.

Her email address is [email protected].

Keep copies of whatever you send.

maxxi Wrote:

> Are Doctors Gosht and Ganeshan only locums then?

> They have been there more than a couple of months

> - I thought they were permanent.

Yes, they are locums. The ironic thing is that locums get paid more than a permanent GP.

prickle Wrote:

> So why won't they get permanent GP's?

From what I understand, having been registered there for so long, there has always been an issue with the recruitment and retention of GPs at Melbourne Grove since Concordia took over. I am sure they will try and employ a new GP, but let's look at the evidence - we all had high hopes for Dr. Bhatia who was left alone as the only GP with over 7000 patients.

Melbourne Grove -..... 'they came, they saw, they departed'.......

This is more disappointing news.

I have been registered at Melbourne Grove for a few years now and have withstood the incompetence and rudeness of reception staff and put up with being fobbed off onto Nurse Practitioners; I really thought things were changing down there.

I have seen the two doctors I mentioned a couple of times and hoped it was the beginning of a patient-doctor relationship at long last; but now I know they are locums and could leave at any time I really can't see the point in staying.

I saw a post some time back recommending the surgery at Dulwich Hospital - anyone registered there?