Dr Gupta

Tarot

This whole thread is a nasty piece of work. If Dr Gupta or any staff from DMC are reading it, they'd probably be quite shocked and indignant about it.

I have only been at DMC for the last few years and can say that I have always got through to their reception, and they've always been professional and helpful. I thought of this crazy thread whilst changing my appointment by telephone this morning.

Credible forumites posting their experiences I will find useful and take heed of but this, nah.

> Not sure how it compares to others, but wouldn't

> say it was alot considering the website states the

> following:

>

> DMC Healthcare operates the following GP

> practices:

>

> DMC Crystal Palace Road

> DMC Chadwick Road

> DMC Silverlock, Rotherhithe

> DMC Medway NHS Healthcare Centre, Gillingham

> DMC Medway Walderslade GP surgery, Chatham

> DMC Sheppey NHS Healthcare Centre, Sheerness

> DMC Vicarage Lane, Stratford

>

> I also seem to remember they had just taken over a

> surgery in Enfield & one in North London when I

> left.

>

> ?1.8m divided by 9 isn't a massive profit.

Ok, so a business that runs 9 practices and employs numerous (probably a few hundred) people, pays them, their NI, insurances, benefits etc provides a service to thousands of people and makes a ?1.8m profit and that's not massive? In this day and age I suggest that is a fabulous profit and would indeed be considered massive.

I don't know how many, if any, other shareholders there are in DMC Healthcare but I bet they aren't complaining.

I'd go so far as to say I'd bet my mortgage that the majority of people on this thread would swap their annual income for the profits of DMC.

I've been registered at DMC for years, and I've always got straight through to reception (during their opening hours) whenever I've phoned - unless it's engaged when they're busy first thing in the morning with people calling for appointments that day.

It's not exactly credible that an East Dulwich GP's surgery would use an Indian call centre, or indeed a call centre at all, is it?

KidKruger Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> ?1.8m split between the partners and shareholders

> etc. is probably not a huge amount.

> I have to wonder whether the same thread would

> have been started if it was "Dr. Gordon"

xxxxxxx

Yes, and referring to Dr Gupta as "Gupta" as one poster has done also strikes me as discourteous to say the least.

Talkrot seems of his head.

Out of Hours it IS likely they use an OUT OF HOURS SERVICE and its just about possible they might use a call centre.

what makes it sound like talkrot was 'on holiday at the time' is that The phone bill said it was a call to India and that he was charged for a call to India, and that the Call Centre Operative said they were in India. Usually if you ask a call centre operative where they are they tell you the city.

The bill I had was an itemised bill,with the number recorded on it.

I would have posted it on here if I still had it but it was 2002 when it happened.

So many of you, have not been with the practice long enough.

I see the Sean clique is still up and running,brown nosers.Why do you all think in black and white all the time there are grey areas, think more lateral.

There are some people who do have bad experiences with some doctors surgeries.

As for the ecstacy dealer, you do get carried away at times.

Dont mistake curiosity for envy either,from an article in a paper to a witch hunt on this thread is a joke.

I've been with the DMC since it first opened and I've never spoken to a call-centre. They have always had a local London number, which charges at a local London rate. DMC rents (or used to) space out to a chiropractor, hypnotherapist and other non-NHS services - I imagine that this brings in extra revenue?

That's right Tarot, several people have individually come to the conclusion that you're talking shit, so they must be a clique.

I was with DMC in 2002, and still never encountered an Indian call centre. And I have never ever heard of someone being charged for an international call when they get put through to an Indian call centre. Surely no one would ever call their bank if that were the case.

DMC has always had an East Dulwich phone number, which oddly enough, connects to the DMC in Dulwich.

On the occasions I used to see Dr Gupta Jnr, I found him to be very nice, and good at his job. Good luck to them, there are much better things to worry about

So what we have here is one crackpot's Pavlovian response to the UK's premier twattish rag, followed by a swathe of pretty positive opinion in response.

Why close the thread..?

On the contrary, if I were 'the accused' I'd print it out and pin it up on the wall.

Fair enogh Jeremy I just found Ottas view offensive and narrow.

People are quick to become offensive when seanjack passes his usual ,,self righteus opinions about me.

Maybe he knows me!! maybe he dont.but he is obsessive.

There are individuals who have had bad. dealings with the D,M.C,that cannot be discussed on an open forum.

The incident with the phone call did happen,at the time I went to the reception and complained and it was stopped.

Because its an open forum some people will not come on it and give their accounts of dealings with the D,M.C,for fear of

comebacks or worse the no it alls on here.,or the fasnatical p.c crowd who think everyones as an agenda.

Tarot Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I wouldnt be surprised if we heard a lot more

> about the D,M,C doctors, in the papers or on the

> television before long.

> When someone declines to comment as did Ravi Gupta

> then it becomes more interesting.

Comment on what exactly & answer to whom. Maybe there's something you know that no one else does. This is getting a bit tiresome

Tarot - you're hysterical. Not only is your own grasp of the English language very questionable, you read an article in a paper which to be fair, is not the most popular - especially round here. You then make very judgemental and hutrtful comments of a personal nature about a very well-respected doctor within the nieghbourhood, and then expect to be taken seriously?

Are you stupid AND Jealous?? Or just stupid?

Tarot, people who have had bad experiences are free to discuss them, no one has stopped them. However, it is surely okay for people who have had different experiences to discuss those too.

Your description of your experiences just don't ring even remotely true.