To the man who just parked on my street...

Otto

Find a couple of strong men/women and do a bit of gentle "bumping" of the car into a more appropriate position? Worked for our removal men a few years ago when trying to park their van and needing to move a car a couple of meters ;-)

*thankfully neighbour was out, I don't think she noticed, and no harm was done to the car*

Driving to the station - I suspect that the people who do this mainly live a 20min walk or so to the nearest station... potentially Underhill Rd sort of area. You may think it's lazy, but people are going to do it anyway. It's the downside you have to factor in, when you have unrestricted parking. I would probably do it too if I didn't live near the station.

I don't think people would drive in from out of town to use ED station, they'd be more likely to go somewhere like Surrey Quays, with a tube and plenty of parking.

Love the suggestions to call the Police - but are you sure it's not a matter for MI5? Should the military get involved?

Some of the residents in our road who have more than one car to the household, do it on purpose-so that when the other person comes home they move the badly parked car and both get a place.

Roll on defined bays! The best days are when those tiny little cars come along and scupper the plan.

Jeremy Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Driving to the station - I suspect that the people

> who do this mainly live a 20min walk or so to the

> nearest station... potentially Underhill Rd sort

> of area. You may think it's lazy, but people are

> going to do it anyway. It's the downside you have

> to factor in, when you have unrestricted parking.

> I would probably do it too if I didn't live near

> the station.

>

> I don't think people would drive in from out of

> town to use ED station, they'd be more likely to

> go somewhere like Surrey Quays, with a tube and

> plenty of parking.

>

> Love the suggestions to call the Police - but are

> you sure it's not a matter for MI5? Should the

> military get involved?

Surrey Quays has a 3 hour limit on parking so of no use to commuters.

Fox

one who has just delivered

> their handicapped relative/ neighbour somewhere

> and has to get to work,

That seems very unlikely from such a selfish @#$%&, and where is their blue badge?

If you're in the process of picking up/dropping off a disabled person you display their blue badge ,but you can't use someone else's blue badge as a parking permit allowing you to park in restricted areas .

> can't believe i am actually asking this but just

> out of interest, for what offence/ crime did you

> have in mind?

Crime!

He has clearly violated one of the most import rules the ED?s self appointed guardians of civility have.

If you do any of the following:

Cycle on the pavement

Cycle through a red light

Have a late night party.

Let your dog shit in the park.

Take your badly behaved kids out for a meal in a pub.

Take a baby in a pram anywhere.

Park your car badly.

Play your iPod on the train loudly enough for other people to hear it.

then you will feel the full weight of their disapproving. They will tut, they will glare, they will twitch their curtains, they will mutter under their breath ?some people", eventually one will come on a website and have good moan about you.

You have been warned!

henryb Wrote:

> > can't believe i am actually asking this but

> just

> > out of interest, for what offence/ crime did

> you

> > have in mind?

>

> Crime!

>

> He has clearly violated one of the most import

> rules the ED?s self appointed guardians of

> civility have.

>

> If you do any of the following:

>

> Cycle on the pavement

> Cycle through a red light

> Have a late night party.

> Let your dog shit in the park.

> Take your badly behaved kids out for a meal in a

> pub.

> Take a baby in a pram anywhere.

> Park your car badly.

> Play your iPod on the train loudly enough for

> other people to hear it.

>

> then you will feel the full weight of their

> disapproving. They will tut, they will glare, they

> will twitch their curtains, they will mutter under

> their breath ?some people", eventually one will

> come on a website and have good moan about you.

>

> You have been warned!

(tu)

Magpie Wrote:

> Respect and consideration for others is the

> foundation of a civilised society - I'm with the

> tutters

Totally agree, the chap is out of order! It's not a police matter though, Henryb's post made me chuckle :)

Not sure what's more annoying though - that kind of lazy parking which disrupts the pattern of spaces, the "I'm leaving my car with a for sale sign outside your house for months" parking or the "I'm creating my own self defined CPZ with dustbins so you can't park at all" attitude.

It's carmageddon out there.

You want to come and see our street in the mornings, we have cars constantly driving round and round waiting for a space to become available (or two spaces if you are inconsiderate!) and then they park up and walk to the DLR for a days work. If the residents use their cars in the morning we dont expect to be able to park in our street let alone outside our house. I remember when i was 8 months pregnant having to park around the corner and carry about 5 bags of shopping, no-one offered to help me of course!! Its so annoying, these days i leave the car and take the DLR if i have to go shopping or out anywhere in the morning

I always thought my road was tricky for parking, being right on the edge of a CPZ (entrance point visible from the front window...)and the first road outside it for the station, but reading all the posts on here I'm beginning to love the fact that I can always get at least a space somewhere in the street. Day time recycling of spaces happens but then I'm away with the car and by the evening all the lovely day trippers go home elsewhere and leave spaces again. Even with the gas works taking out half the road I've still parked in it every day.....bonus tonight when it was right outside the house!!! SE15 where the parking is easy/er!!(Until the man with his FOR SALE signs strikes again).