When are the fireworks going to end?????

Susan

sorry kidkruger but its not just one night, we have been hearing them go off since fri, and last week or week before there was diwali which was another evening of them going off all night.

It will stop after tonight though so just have to bear with it for a few more hours susan, It is hard with small children though, I have 3yr and 8 month old who are usually sound asleep by 8pm and have only just gone off, really hard as I work from home in the evenings when they go to bed and ive basically given up trying since fri as i only just seem to get going and some lound bangs disturbs one of them!

ive just faced facts that after tonight hopefully order will resume.

If it was for one night okay, but it isn't. What's more, people don't seem to do their back garden stuff until 12-1 in the morning....why? I can almost guarantee there'll be more tonight too. It is never one night, for years now it goes on night after night. Don't care if it's Diwali, Guy Fawkes or Bill's Big Birthday- if you are going to let off fireworks it'd be real neighbourly to finish by 10-11pm.

first mate Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> If it was for one night okay, but it isn't. What's

> more, people don't seem to do their back garden

> stuff until 12-1 in the morning....why? I can

> almost guarantee there'll be more tonight too. It

> is never one night, for years now it goes on night

> after night. Don't care if it's Diwali, Guy Fawkes

> or Bill's Big Birthday- if you are going to let

> off fireworks it'd be real neighbourly to finish

> by 10-11pm.

Whoops, there goes New Year celebrations!

How sad that, amongst certain members of the ED community, "bah humbug" isn't just for Christmas...

Guess what? Thousands of other ED residents don't have kids that demand a Blitz-like lockdown after 7pm. My 2-year-old was enjoying fireworks until 10pm last night, surrounded by family and loved ones. No doubt you think Social Services should be called?!

P.S. You were right about there being more fireworks tonight: at my gaff. Drop me a PM and I'll send you an invite. You never know, you might enjoy yourself.

LadyDeliah Wrote:

> I can't get over what a miserable bunch of

> killjoys some of you lot on here are. Didn't any

> of you have a life before having kids/moving to

> ED/becoming curmudgeons?

points out username

edits to add - they go on for ages, people are enjoying them, children can watch or sleep through them I've found

Just echoing dicey, LadyDeliah, Kid Kruger, ultrauk. I actually saw this thread last night and thought it's only 10pm on actual bonfire night and someone is already complaining!!!! stop moaning and chill out, the world doesn't change and shouldn't change just because you have a baby!!!

My kids saw fireworks last night and later were worried about being able to sleep, but I made sure they'd had a big day (Barbican matinee, Museum of London, park, then big dinner and fireworks) so regardless of what they thought they'd be out like a light.

It's more realistic to manage what you can within the landscape than try to change the landscape via a Internet thread I find.

hendrie10 Wrote:

> It cracks me up reading some threads on these

> forums, if people want the quite white picketed

> fence life, don?t live in London.

Exactly!

I'm sure such things are passed-on through genetic coding.. the adults who complain about fireworks going on late have children who don't like the fireworks going on late, who in-turn will surely grow into the adults who complain about the fireworks going on late.

'Our kid' slept soundly through the lot, of course and I can't say they bother me. Makes a pleasant change from the sounds of sirens and drunken shrieking.

KidKruger Wrote:

> ONCE a year it's like this, face up to it and make

> the most of the other 364 days.

> Don't you prefer it all happening one evening than

> several evenings ?

Then why are they going off again tonight? Like someone else said in an earlier post, it's been going on since diwali, and really it isnt't fair to expect entire neighbourhoods to 'just grin an bear it'. Some kids will sleep through it, and a fair few will not, and repeated nights of not being able to get proper sleep can turn into weeks of not being able to sleep...agony for the kids, agony for the parents.

Onve a year? One looks forward to it. Once a year for 2 weeks? One does not.