Banfields Wood Yard

LuvPeckham

in case readers of this forum don't know, there is currently a plannign application in to replace Banfields Wood Yard (Barry Road) with six three storey buildings

http://planningonline.southwarksites.com/AcolNetCGI.exe?ACTION=UNWRAP&RIPSESSION=%7B%5B%2A%211B3B37163D3D352B2218373C7977747C796B6A71681C081E01121F00791C2E213B766000142F262B3C7660001429241E23323C2B2D20261C2A343B36302B33621A3D3B34312B152F3D3437310D0A7C7C7F6A63767479647C0B6367727777%21%2A%5D%7D

It would be a shame to loose this useful amenity in East Dulwich and I hope that local people are reveiwing the plannign application

oh for gods sake I've had a f*cking nuff of all this. Everything that's unique to ED is going in favour of yet more f*cking flats.

The garden centre, the woodyard, the tyre shop.......

yawn......more housing to keep the pointless purchases made on a Saturday afternoon from one of the pointless and soulless shops on LL, safe in.

*Goodbye to the beautiful woodyard. Whenever I have visitors, I always take them past it so that they can marvel at the chicken wire and ramshackle corrugated iron roof.

Ha. I like it.

For heaven's sake. If a man wants to retire and not pass the business on to someone else, and go and live a hopefully peaceful retirement, why begrudge him his chance? Do you think he should hold on to it just so much-needed flats shouldn't be built? I mean, it's hardly the Taj Mahal. Sheesh. Nero

Sorry to say this but...

You cant have the twee little shops selling utter toss / organic butchers / free range museli / exciting delis / gastro pubs / a nice cushion of equity on your property etal without the shadow of further development on every square inch of availiable land - thats how these things go - hand in hand.

It may not be "right" but its the flip side of the coin to the "positive" ( not my positvies I hasten to add ! ) aspects of the area.

I had the opportunity to buy a site ( actually a brace of sites on opposite sides of the same road. backing ono the rail track ) in SE15 that was "operating" as a wood / reclaim yard some time ago

for an absolute pittance.

would have been difficult to get PP, but as we all know, a few long lunches with some councillors in the area and its amazing how what once seemed impossible, can be resolved.

I didnt, but am glad to say it was sold and is working once a gain as a proper profitable reclaim yard & not the site of some nasty flats.