"I need some money for the meter" at 6am

Mark

I too have been diddled by this lady - she came to the door about 7pm in the evening though claiming she needed money for the electricity and her son was cold.... saying she would pay it back in an hour when her husband returned.. she said she would show me ID etc so I thought she was genuine....I thought I had been really naive but I guess I'm not the only one... it's just horrible to think that these people put you off helping anyone else again....I'm a great believer in karma - so maybe she'll get her dues one of these days.... well that - or a hefty (cold) soaking!

I would just derive pleasure from knowing that I could go through this process and enjoy the fact i'd be the winner in the end, and the bad guy would think they had me over a barrel, when in fact it was Louisa who was going to win the day. Anyway, a bucket is just one quick throw and you could miss and it could get messy, a hose is more direct and a shock to the system and I could chase her off with it down the road. Bitch.

Louisa.

boosboss Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> ChavWivaLawDegree Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > ??

>

>

> It's in the OP "and my girlfriend's called the

> police"

Sorry - can't let this one go. Surely the presence of the apostrophe mean that it reads 'and my girlfriend has called the police' in which case it makes sense.

pedantry over

you're right, there is only one girlfriend.

And back on topic again, yes the lady who obtains money by deception does mention that she has ID which I thought at the time was odd. If she does call on someone's door, ask to see her ID, and if it does have her picture on it take it off her, shut the door, re-open door and throw bucket of water (optional) and then let the police have the picture.

I gave this woman ?10 about a year ago when she knocked on my door late at night. She said she was a neighbour from further down the street and my house was the only one with a light on. She was desperate for money for the metre - cold children, would return it in the morning.

She must have done so many streets, she actually had the cheek to turn up again on my doorstep a few months ago with a broadly similar tale. I was speechless and just shut the door.

Next time she comes to your door, ask her in, then mug her, she probably has loads of money on her that she's managed to con out of people!

Some local yutes smashed our door buzzer a while ago, and landlords haven't bothered sorting it. Bit annoying that everyone has to phone me to tell me they're outside, but very nice not to get anyone inturrupting my peace!

I just remembered that a kind hearted friend of mine got done ina sort of similar way not long ago. It was about 1am, and we were heading to the kebab shop, when a guy came running up to us, and gave us some story about needing ?10 for a cab to get his daughter to her mum or something, it was quite convincing but didn't sit well with me, so I said I had no money on me. My friend gave him a tenner (despite mykicking of his shins).

The thing is, the guy promised to pay the money back the following day, and gave my friend a mobile number which he even told him to test there and then, and sure enough the mobile (which he'd probably nicked that evening) rang... It's just so hard to tell, I must admit, I was very unsure.

They always bring kids in to it, which makes you think, "if they're telling the truth, that poor kid"...

Keef you let emotions get the better of you. The minute a child is mentioned alarm bells ring in my head, I find it disgusting when I see beggars with young kids or animals, trying to tug on our heart strings and using them as bate in their ghastly plan, disgusing.

Louisa.