Pop-Up Shop on LL

maxxi

There is a pop-up shop in the old Threshers now.

It sells Camden-style woollies (peruvian cardigans and pixie hats and slipper-sox etc. together with some knitted novelty mask/hat thingies) not a bad selection and not bad prices (winter and Xmas being imminent).

Guy inside says he'll only be there 3 or 4 weeks though he (or rather his boss) has expressed an interest in NorthX rd market.

I thought LL was meant to be up and coming....am delighted it will be short lived. Don't want to dampen the spirit of the guy running it but it is much more 'northcross market stall' stuff. Now all we need is someone with a bit more imagination to open something permanent that isn't A) a curry house B) an estate agent C) a charity shop or D) a kitchen shop.

This new shop could be the East Dulwich branch of the 'Old villa' - currently on bellenden road, lovely french style shabby chicness and gorgeous quilts/blankets etc.... local lady runs it. Love going there, waiting for my house to be finished enough to be worth buying something. One day (sigh)...

I went into this shop for the first time yesterday.

I was really disappointed.

In my opinion it's selling a load of overpriced tat of the sort tourist shops sell in Oxford Street, only more expensive. Plus a load of Camden Market type tat.

I can't really see who their customers are going to be round here. Or is the whole of East Dulwich going to decide that they have a gap in their wardrobe which a patchwork Nepalese jacket will just fill?

• 4 weeks later...

I totally agree with you Sue, I thought it was a lod of rubbish aswell and looked like the tat shops at the rubbish end of Oxford St. I do hope it's the last one of these shops to open up as they make the road look really cheap. Sorry to the guy who owns it! It would be far more suited to Lewisham market!

I would love a Sushi cafe to open up, kind of in the style of Yo Sushi but not them as their Sushi isn't great. Or a dog store, treats, luxury beds & toys that kind of thing.

Old Villa 1 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Funny you should mention Old Villa but there is

> new second Old Villa shop at 143 Lordship Lane

> which has just opened (next to Luca's bakery) it's

> a much bigger shop than Bellenden Road and has

> lots more of those gorgeous blankets, chairs,

> tables, mirrors and accessories.

xxxxxxx

Ah! Is this where the old fireplace shop used to be?

Marie81 Wrote:

Or a dog store, treats, luxury beds

> & toys that kind of thing.

xxxxxxx

There is a pet shop in North Cross Road, not sure how luxurious its dog beds are though :))

Marie81 Wrote:

> Sue: yes I know it well, unfortunately they don't

> do a very good range of treats...just rawhide and

> things my pups can't eat. I was thinking along

> the lines of a luxury dog shop where they sell

> 'sniffany & chewy vuitton' types of toys!! :)

xxxxxxxx

Maybe you need to mention it to the pet shop owner, he seems to be missing a trick here - this is East Dulwich, after all :))