Bins all the way down Marmora Road are LITTER

Evie

There have been a few threads on here re people's issues on bins, some are asking about what to do with the old blue cartons and getting smaller replacements for the new larger blue bins, someone else today as started one about how unsightly they are and the blight of the street, I wanted to add to this thread but there is a lock on it and was unable to? Is this because there was a thread about bins already? I think this is a separate issue and should be allowed it's own thread. So here goes.

I have just walked down Marmora Road and it looks so unsightly, it is ruining the street. There are so many bins now it's ridiculous, there are the old blue cartons along with the new blue bins, there are too many bins to fit into spaces that some residents have made available in their gardens, it was bad enough before when residents just left their bins on the street without bothering to put them back after being emptied.

Who decided to make the new bins bright blue? they really stand out, at least the brown and green bins blend in more, could they not have made them more neutral, black, or grey?

These bins are ugly and another form of litter and are made of plastic which is bad for the environment.

Does anyone else feel angry about this? IS IT REALLY NECESARRY TO HAVE ALL THESE BINS? Can something be done about it?

Evie

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Latest Discussions

• I've done some searching and come up with these.  The first looks very helpful for getting to know about the Hub itself, and the others may give some useful history.  I've yet to look through them myself. https://carnegielibraryhub.org.uk/    
    • I'm with Octopus, and I have no idea what to do either. Finding it hard to get my head around it all. They seem to have a 15 month fix with no exit fees, however I'm not sure if I exited whether I could just revert to whatever I'm on at the moment, or whether I might find that whatever that is might no longer be an available option. I tend to just heat whatever room I'm in and/or use a heated throw. And use the microwave where possible unless I've got an oven full of stuff which I can then freeze most of.
    • If anyone is looking for a plumber, I would really recommend Niko. He has helped me out with two different bathroom plumbing jobs. He’s super responsive and reliable, well-priced and patient in explaining the issues. His number is +44 7818 607583. HM
    • ??? I feel really weak and  dizzy, I don't think it's a good idea at all to be out. And my vitamin D level is actually much too high. Last time I had blood tests, my  GP told me to stop taking vitamin tablets.  But thanks for your concern! I appreciate the advice, but I only came on here to see if other people had similar symptoms!
Home
Events
Sign In

Sign In

Or sign in with one of these services

Search
    Search In