Oysters & the ED Warehouse

Mark

In a rare occurrence earlier I was getting some dinner ready for my better half and myself, and during a break in the proceedings I was having a read of the gourmet extravaganza that is the local Landcroft House blog, which mentions there is someone selling oysters in the ED Warehouse. So I popped down and right at the back of the place there's an oyster stall, and I just managed to catch them whilst they were clearing up and finishing for the day and get a few for a pre-dinner treat. The guy there was really friendly and although I had missed out on the Champagne they were dishing out earlier he gave me a bit of deal as it was the end of the day. We had a bit of a chat and he also told me that 4 more stalls should be open next week and another 4 the week after that.

Now I think my point is I find that brilliant, that I can now pop out and get some oysters on a Sunday afternoon, I've never done that before but will certainly do it again for a treat. And now I've seen the warehouse in action I still think it is a great addition to East Dulwich.

Agreed. Last week it looked a bit Why Don't You, but without the beanbags. This week it seemed a bit more fit for purpose and I think it will continue to do so as the weeks progress.

I had oysters 'properly' for the first time today. (Had them twice before but they were cooked.) The bloke is knowledgable and friendly and obv really into his profession. Also passed on that a couple of seats and maybe a counter would be good. The oysters were lovely and tasted of the sea and not gloopy/snotty as I thought they would be.

The cheese stall was better than last week, with a fridge and a wider selection of cheeses. Still not convinced about the bookshop. Nero

"The oysters were lovely and tasted of the sea and not gloopy/snotty as I thought they would be."

That's quite a common and mistaken preconception about oysters. I've not been able to get to this new place yet, but it's good to know that I may not have to go to Borough Market to eat oysters. I hope it all works out for him.

Checked out the cheese stall this weekend and was really impressed. Sure they don't have the selection of the Cheese Block but the Mootown staff were really nice (makes a change for East Dulwich) and very passionate about their cheeses.

Giz

Another blatant plug im sorry. cheese care of mootown ed warehouse and oysters ed warehouse will be at the wintergreen fair on saturday,with bacon sarnies and soup from jacks , cakes from Anna let them eat cake and special teas with le chandelier.