Number 42 Bus

Zaardvark

Thinking of getting this bus for my new regular commute from the first bus stop at Sunray Gardens at about 9. Anyone have experience of how reliable it is? The p4 has been driving me nuts with long waits for a bus in the morning and it still leave to walk across Ruskin to get to king's.

Being the first bus stop does it tend to leave on time?

Best

Z.

It's not bad. I'd say there's one every 10-15 minutes in the morning. You'll usually find one waiting at the stop at the bottom of sunray avenue which will sit there for a few minutes before heading on its way. There can be the odd day with a longer wait though. Why not give it a try and see how it goes? Or how about cycling to work if you only have to get to kings. I work near Denmark Hill and it takes me 10 minutes from North Dulwich and I feel so much better for it. Have lost loads of weight too!

• 1 year later...

Just to add I have more or less given up on the 42. Sunray Gardens is the first/second stop on the route and is subject to delays depending on where other 42 buses are. I now walk most of the time and only take a bus when raining or extra cold using the buschecker app on my iPhone to choose which bus and stop to go to.

Best

Z