2 men trying car doors in Pellatt road/ Rodwell road area

I've just seen 2 men park an old black Mercedes Benz 500 on Cyrena road between Pellatt road and Rodwell road. (2.30am 20.08) After a few minutes sat there they split up in different directions, giving all the suspicious warnings, and disappeared for 5 minutes or so. When they returned to the car they tried 2 car doors that I saw on Cyrena road. Possibly looking for unlocked cars or obvious valuables. Sadly couldn't see the number plate but thought worth sharing incase anyone else has seen anything.

Description of the men:

1. White middle aged male, very obese and short hair wearing a red zip up hoodie.

2. White mid aged male, skinny wearing a dark hoodie and black cap.

Weirdly the other Sunday morning I got in my car to find the contents of the glove box all over the passenger seat including the car?s removable sat nav/ media player. Guessed someone must have just tried the door and not found anything of particular value but did find it odd they didn?t take the sat nav

This was on Honor Oak Road

Couple of times someone has taken parking change and a satnav from our car when we've left it unlocked.

They probably have a night-time round, trying car doors in an area every few weeks/months, then moving on.Very low risk crime, since even in the unlikely event they got caught the police would probably do nothing.

But then again unless you happen to leave something valuable in the car it's not a high-impact crime, just annoying. They don't appear to be interested in nicking the actual car.

Same thing happened to me, but they left every thing including a credit card, PDA, camera, drills and a full toolkit. No sign of forced entry so I must have left it unlocked.

Let off lightly.

stoo31 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Weirdly the other Sunday morning I got in my car

> to find the contents of the glove box all over the

> passenger seat including the car?s removable sat

> nav/ media player. Guessed someone must have just

> tried the door and not found anything of

> particular value but did find it odd they didn?t

> take the sat nav

>

> This was on Honor Oak Road

Anna from HOP Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Couple of times someone has taken parking change

> and a satnav from our car when we've left it

> unlocked.

>

Sorry to be really dim, but why would you leave your car unlocked?